Fly Tying Help

Hi everyone, i would appreciate if anyone on this forum can help me with a little trouble i'm having, i have just recently just took up tying my own flies after a few years of fly fishing, i have brought myself a kit and have begun tying some simple flies i will be using on my loacl waters shortly, but there is one area i was struggling with whilst tying my flies the whip finish, so i decided i would purchase a whip finish tool(rotatable) but the problem is i didnt get any instructions with it and i cant seem to work it out, if anyone could help by step by step how to use it or some advice in general i would be very greatful.

Just use your fingers mate, its much easier. Once you have formed a good head then slightly wet or wax the thread and form a small loop on the index and middle finger. Twist this over on itself and slowly pull over the head just at the base of the eye. I do this in a double formation. :victory:

Just use your fingers mate, its much easier. Once you have formed a good head then slightly wet or wax the thread and form a small loop on the index and middle finger. Twist this over on itself and slowly pull over the head just at the base of the eye. I do this in a double formation. victory.gif

Spot on advice, the same method I use, much easierthumbs.gif

Just use your fingers mate, its much easier. Once you have formed a good head then slightly wet or wax the thread and form a small loop on the index and middle finger. Twist this over on itself and slowly pull over the head just at the base of the eye. I do this in a double formation. :victory:

:clapper::thumbs: exactly what i was going to say

or, if like me , your fingers look like a blind cobblers thumb, use a biro pen with the nib-ink tube removed and just slip that over the eye of the hook ,,,,,,if that makes sense :victory: