Stalking knife

i recently bought the EKA Swingblade knife, brilliant knife & only £60.

www.knifebargains.co.uk

Had numerous knives in my time - bought one of these EKA a couple of years back - dont need to ever change - keeps a good edge. OP I have small hands - so would recommend this to a lady.

200 quid should get you real quality,

heres a site with a few knives for you to browse....

the buck range are very popular..

http://www.heinnie.com/tbpaY61025866/Knives/c-1-92/

Some of the swiss or knives from finland are excellent but require a little more attention, plus i'd hate to los one at the money.. :(

And i see your new so welcome to the site..

Snap.

i recently bought the EKA Swingblade knife, brilliant knife & only £60.

www.knifebargains.co.uk

Great I was actually looking at these in my local shop and its about twice the price...will probably order this online! Thanks

OK knives are all down to personal preference here are a few things i personally avoid:

lock knives - as they dont always lock :wallbash::cry:

wood/bone/leather - not very sterile although tribes all round the world seem to do ok!

anything over £50 - £60 because you will cry when you put it down when gutting something and it dissappers like only items you love can! :doh:

i prefer carbon steel as it is easy to sharpen and holds a good edge and is more flexible, BUT it does rust if you want give it some oil and a bit of TLC now and again.

I have laods of knives but the one i take out in the field is a Mora Training knife:

http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Products/Cutting_Tools/page/4/

and they are only £10 !!!!!!! even ray mears recomends them!

i took my mora knife to south africa with me, after gutting and skinning 2 boar and 1 impala the PH i was with insisted i sent him one as he couldnt believe how sharp it stayed. and i dont care if i loose it - although i am quite attached to it now!

Hi Caz

My thoughts would be to buy a couple of Mora Clippers in SS and save alot of money. For the price you will never get a better knife, I bought 10 and I got them for 7 quid each. I have to admit lost 1 gave a couple away but at that price you cant grumble.

Buck makes a lot of good, inexpensive knives.

I use a Zipper: http://www.onlyknives.com/buck-zipper-fixed-blade-hunting-knife-high-carbon-stainless-steel-blade-with-guthook/

Its got a rubber handle and I appreciate the safety of a gut hook when field dressing a deer after dark, after a long day afield, when tired and cold. After four deer with out re-sharpening, it sliced through whitetail ribcage like butter.

Cut the crap out of myself one morning.

IMG_7304.jpg

Fishdaughter has a German-made "Eye Brand" knife. Don't have a pic, but it is a folder with two blades; a regular cutting blade and a saw. Its really old but a sturdy well made work of art. Our 85+ year old neighbor gave it to my daughter in congratulations for shooting her first deer a few years back.

Edited by Fishslayer

I just orderd me up a Marttiini Condor Skinner with the Martef Coating. If you scroll down this link you will find it... http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/marttiini.htm . The cheapest price I had found anywhere £29.95 with free postage. The only down side is that you can't buy over the internet, but it only takes 2 minutes to call up anyway so no worries :)

All The Best