Firearms Licensing Departments

West Mercia - Good service, a bit slow (3 months from start to finish for SGC) but i expected that as had been told by others in the area about delays etc..

FEO for my area is a real nice bloke, also into dogs etc... and we had a good chat about loads of stuff. All in all quite courteous and nice to deal with.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NORTHUMBRIA....

Sent my paperwork in end of June(.17 HMR & .22LR),interview middle of August,now awaiting licence dropping through the letterbox.Been working 7 days for the last 2 month :( been laid off today :thumbdown: so hopefully it'll arrive soon.

sent inn renewal forms prompt when reminder came but it took over 12 wks before new ticket came they missplaced paperwork hmmm.ps they cashed cheque within 10 days of receiving my application.!

s.wales police bridgend sent of 5 weeks ago interview tommorow will let you know how we got on

well,our lad had his interview today for his fac. sat in on the interview and must say found the fao to be verry helpfull. and has now been told all well he should have it by the end of dec.seems s.wales dep are a bit slower than most in granting cert or is this the norm? saying that cant fault them

I'm with Cumbria and can't really fault them, they have been good to deal with and I have had everything that I have asked for which I had a reason to use. My last variation to add Deer and my 6.5x55 was 1 week from me posting it to my new cert arriving through my door.

I am from that small part of the UK accross the pond, obviously in Northern Ireland firearms applications are different from the mainland (due to our unfortunate circumstances). In Northern Ireland we require a full Firearms certificate for not only rifles but also shotguns and air rifles I personally think that this is good thing as it does reduce the number of people who could potentially give the shooting fraternity a bad name, although the odd one still slips through the net, I'm sure you will all have shot with variations of these individuals.

In response to the original question have always found the police in Northern Ireland to be very good and helpful regarding any application or variation I have on my certificate.