for feck sake!!

so let me get this straight. you have an 8 week old pup. you've just dumped her in a kennel on her own. not playing with her or giving any extra attention besides feeding and cleaning out. -your reason being so she can settle and get on with it! AND then when the pup howls you hit it!!

were you born yesterday?!!

even my daughter wouldn't be that daft and she's three!!

think about the pups situation, she's been with mum and litter mates for the first two months of her life, then everything the pup is fimilar with is gone, the mum, littermates, the bedding walls the owner of the dam etc the pup finds herself in a new and very strange enviroment, is left in a kennel THAT SHE DOESN'T KNOW ALONE, and is not getting any attention from the apparent owner, she is lonely, comfused and bored . . so she howls

use your head, if i took you when you were 5 years old away from your home, family, freinds, teddy's etc EVERYTHING you ever knew and loved and put you in a room (any room could be a mansion for all you care but you don't know it) with no company, no toys no affection and see how you long it takes you to cry and thats without someone much bigger then you coming in to hit you round the nose!!!

in regards to that "my dad hit me and i turned out fine comment"

the child understands what the parent is saying even if they don't listen, a dog of any age as a different specie to humans therfore it doesn't understand our language, it takes training, patience and time for a dog to learn what we want it to do, a pup at 8 weeks is feeling confused about its surroundings and you hitting it on the nose to be quiet really wont help, plus the dog will not respect youbut fear you, a dog will work its heart for you if it respects you, but if its scared of you it will be more concerned about you then what it should be doing

p.s if you turned out fine why is a girl among other people telling you not to hit a pup

lets hope this pup will turn out half ok, i reckon the lads next door would do a better job

:rofl: I just looked at your profile, SOOOO lets get this right, your 21 years old and you have a 3 year old!!! :rofl: bloody hell sweetheart i strongly suggest you take a long look in the mirror before you starting giving others advice. ohhh and lets hope this 3 year old turns out half ok too :feck:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also in regards to random comments made about the gay men living next door, minding their own business, can you people just fecking grow up, i mean is that really how sad you are is to make comments about peopl you don't know, on the internet behind their backs. . one word COWARDS

feel free to pm me to discuss this further

:rofl: I just looked at your profile, SOOOO lets get this right, your 21 years old and you have a 3 year old!!! :rofl: bloody hell sweetheart i strongly suggest you take a long look in the mirror before you starting giving others advice. ohhh and lets hope this 3 year old turns out half ok too :feck:

excuse me mate but last time i checked my age had feck all to do with the way how a pup is brought up, and you need to shut up chatting shite bout stuff you have no idea about!

i can honestly say that when i look in the mirror i have nothing to be ashamed of, yea i'm a young mum, i'm self employed and work hard to provide for my family, i bond with my animals, train them well in ways they understand! so i don't know what it is that your suggesting that i need to look in the mirror about

YOU however write on the internet about smacking an 8 week old pup that you have not spent any positive time with, then you wonder why you get some slack, the way how you dealt with your macho pride being stepped on is to check peoples profiles and the best you come up with is some childish remark regarding my age - then i pity you

you asked for peoples opinion - deal with it

yeah down to people like yourself acting the prat

Or people like you trying to arrange fights with half the guys on the forum.

not half guys, just you and your sidekicks. people like yourself piss me off. Got the balls of a bear over a computer forum but soon disapeer when comes down to it. yellow coward. 90 percent posted helpful positive comments, the other 10 included yourself posted useless shite

Man you are sensitve, someone said you are wrong about hitting a pup and you come out insulting a young girl and offering people out.

You get a puppy but don't want to bond with it. :blink:

What do want to happen when we meet up, have a fight, shake hands afterwards or someone end up in the hospital or dead?

Shall we bring knives, guns? Just because people told you were wrong?

Personally I don't like to keep any dog on its own: they are pack animals and feel happier and more secure if they have company: even my terriers are kenneled so they can see eachother though each has their own kennel and bed.

You can get a pup used to being on its own but as I said before, the key to the animal accepting the fact that it has to be alone some of the time is to make it feel secure and part of your pack. It also has to learn a routine: so that when you leave it alone in its kennel it knows that you'll come back. And yes, it does have to learn that howling is not the thing to do, and yes, I've used the water treatment often: much better than hitting or shouting at the dog.

BUT I'd never empty a bucket of water over a little pup, even during warm weather a pup can chill quickly. A cup of water in the face is quite sufficient: don't shout at it and if possible don't let it see you: you want to try and make the pup associate howling with a dash of cold water, so that when you approach the kennel it is pleased to see you, not expecting a soaking.

Some pups are stroppy little buggers and very strong willed: others are meek and mild and accept what you do without a whimper: it is important to learn what temperament your pup has: bossy, submissive, very sensitive, hard as nails and so on. That way you can behave accordingly.

Not enough attention is paid to the type of temperament in training books IMO, and whilst all training is essentially the same, the severity of discipline and the type of reward given must vary according to the individual dog.

excuse me mate but last time i checked my age had feck all to do with the way how a pup is brought up, and you need to shut up chatting shite bout stuff you have no idea about!

i can honestly say that when i look in the mirror i have nothing to be ashamed of, yea i'm a young mum, i'm self employed and work hard to provide for my family, i bond with my animals, train them well in ways they understand! so i don't know what it is that your suggesting that i need to look in the mirror about

YOU however write on the internet about smacking an 8 week old pup that you have not spent any positive time with, then you wonder why you get some slack, the way how you dealt with your macho pride being stepped on is to check peoples profiles and the best you come up with is some childish remark regarding my age - then i pity you

you asked for peoples opinion - deal with it

:clapper::clapper::clapper::rofl::rofl::rofl: Love theres no reason to pity me, ive got my own house, business and no kids. im gonna makesure i can provide for mine properly before having kids! shame you didnt think the same hey ;):victory: now go back to playing with your barbie youngun

Personally I don't like to keep any dog on its own: they are pack animals and feel happier and more secure if they have company: even my terriers are kenneled so they can see eachother though each has their own kennel and bed.

You can get a pup used to being on its own but as I said before, the key to the animal accepting the fact that it has to be alone some of the time is to make it feel secure and part of your pack. It also has to learn a routine: so that when you leave it alone in its kennel it knows that you'll come back. And yes, it does have to learn that howling is not the thing to do, and yes, I've used the water treatment often: much better than hitting or shouting at the dog.

BUT I'd never empty a bucket of water over a little pup, even during warm weather a pup can chill quickly. A cup of water in the face is quite sufficient: don't shout at it and if possible don't let it see you: you want to try and make the pup associate howling with a dash of cold water, so that when you approach the kennel it is pleased to see you, not expecting a soaking.

Some pups are stroppy little buggers and very strong willed: others are meek and mild and accept what you do without a whimper: it is important to learn what temperament your pup has: bossy, submissive, very sensitive, hard as nails and so on. That way you can behave accordingly.

Not enough attention is paid to the type of temperament in training books IMO, and whilst all training is essentially the same, the severity of discipline and the type of reward given must vary according to the individual dog.

well shes settled in now, so all good! by the way very good point on about the temperment of a pup :thumbs:

Or people like you trying to arrange fights with half the guys on the forum.

not half guys, just you and your sidekicks. people like yourself piss me off. Got the balls of a bear over a computer forum but soon disapeer when comes down to it. yellow coward. 90 percent posted helpful positive comments, the other 10 included yourself posted useless shite

Man you are sensitve, someone said you are wrong about hitting a pup and you come out insulting a young girl and offering people out.

You get a puppy but don't want to bond with it. :blink:

What do want to happen when we meet up, have a fight, shake hands afterwards or someone end up in the hospital or dead?

Shall we bring knives, guns? Just because people told you were wrong?

lol guns and knives, you really are a prat and coward aint you! only pussy.s use tools sunshine! only three of you posted about slapping the pup, everyone else posted useful stuff. bet you were bullied in school wasnt you. knob

firstly many thanks to richie10 :D x x x

and brian, who said i didn't plan for my beautiful daughter, or that i couldn't provide for her before hand, and there is a need to pity someone like you, you claim that you own your own house, business etc and good for you, but your still a pathetic excuse of a human being, i'm not jealous of you if in your spare time you get your kicks by insulting someone because there a mum!! i'm very happy and content with my life, your obviously not living yours

i'm pleased the pup is quiet now

The best thing (in my opinion) is

To exercise the puppy LOTS in the evening. This will wear your puppy out!! And make the puppy more willing to sleep when the time comes. Put puppy in the crate with toys, the security blanket and the old stand-bys =

1.) A Loud Ticking clock!! - - - - Reminds it of its mothers heart beat

2.) Hot water Bottle - - - - Comfort and Warmth that it would have got from its siblings!

3.) Stuffed animals with eyes, nose etc - - - - Security and Company

4.) The Radio - - - - Gives the illusion of someone else in the room with the pup

Hope this helps :thumbs:

and a hamlet cigar. lol. tape its mouth shut until it shuts up

The best thing (in my opinion) is

To exercise the puppy LOTS in the evening. This will wear your puppy out!! And make the puppy more willing to sleep when the time comes. Put puppy in the crate with toys, the security blanket and the old stand-bys =

1.) A Loud Ticking clock!! - - - - Reminds it of its mothers heart beat

2.) Hot water Bottle - - - - Comfort and Warmth that it would have got from its siblings!

3.) Stuffed animals with eyes, nose etc - - - - Security and Company

4.) The Radio - - - - Gives the illusion of someone else in the room with the pup

Hope this helps :thumbs:

and a hamlet cigar. lol. tape its mouth shut until it shuts up

This is sooooo funny only been on the forum a couple of days and your offering to fight people cos they give an opinion you dont like!

Poor pup mine are out all day dont leave out at night cos the terriers make so much noise if there is a fox within radar range. but pups are in till weathers good and they are relaxed and settled with us

they need help to settle

firstly many thanks to richie10 :D x x x

and brian, who said i didn't plan for my beautiful daughter, or that i couldn't provide for her before hand, and there is a need to pity someone like you, you claim that you own your own house, business etc and good for you, but your still a pathetic excuse of a human being, i'm not jealous of you if in your spare time you get your kicks by insulting someone because there a mum!! i'm very happy and content with my life, your obviously not living yours

i'm pleased the pup is quiet now

good on ye lass i had a kid when i was 18 hes 7 now ,does that mean im not in a position to give advise on a hunting forum aswell without taking a good luck in the mirror ;)

Guest manda

our pups have been kept in for a few days - a week and giving loads of attention, but if we only had the one it would stay in the house but we dont so they together to do doggy things. We've never had a pup that howled so we pretty lucky apart from our lurcher vince.....he only howls in the house :blink: loves his kennel i suppose its his own lil place away from the kids lol Good luck with her