K cheers lads
i`m a builder, if i were to dig foundations i would use a device to determine where underground drains were located, dig an oblong shaped trench slightly behind where blockage in drain is, making sure sides of trench were straight and neat not narrowing as you get deeper, as you get closer to pipe containing blockage, be more carefull untill you reveal pipe, if you are behind blockage you can then pull it out from behind. hope this is of some help.
Guest miller1989
K cheers lads
i`m a builder, if i were to dig foundations i would use a device to determine where underground drains were located, dig an oblong shaped trench slightly behind where blockage in drain is, making sure sides of trench were straight and neat not narrowing as you get deeper, as you get closer to pipe containing blockage, be more carefull untill you reveal pipe, if you are behind blockage you can then pull it out from behind. hope this is of some help.

:clapper:

K cheers lads

;) tommy walsh at his best :clapper:
K cheers lads

bang on mate :D well put ;)

Or you could use my system. Start really wide at the top with all the best intentions of keeping it that way, then as you get deeper, taper it in like a cone so you have to dangle your mate in by his feet, the bottom of the cone should be just wide enough to wedge his head and shoulders in and all loose earth falling in the sides cos iv not thrown far enough back.

I cant work out why im now banned from the spade work!!! :victory:

Guest oldskool
Or you could use my system. Start really wide at the top with all the best intentions of keeping it that way, then as you get deeper, taper it in like a cone so you have to dangle your mate in by his feet, the bottom of the cone should be just wide enough to wedge his head and shoulders in and all loose earth falling in the sides cos iv not thrown far enough back.

:laugh: yea, in my excitement and haste to get to the terrier i often find myself doin the same :icon_redface:

:oops: :11: :clapper: nice one!

his way sounds good to me keep up the good work mucker :whistling:

they probaly jealous of your digging style dido :clapper:
Im new to the digging game and was just wondering if any one could put up a simple stick diagram of how a dig should be approached ..etc where to dig in comparison to where the dog and its quarry are. thanks.

buy yourself some decent diggin dvd just to start you off mate :thumbs: