A bit of snaring.

Rhodey rang up and asked if i would show him how to set snares,he had been setting them himself,and checking them but was losing heart because he was not catching any.I took a few hoops,pegs and fence snares to show him how to set all of them.

We arrived at the fields and i said"show me how you would set them" i had a look and said"we are snaring rabbits not mice" :laugh: "get them high" i said.So we set off to a grass field with a sheep mesh fence all the way round,i said i will show you how to set fence snares first.We got to the field and it was full of week old lambs,i said that field is a no no with them in it.You know what lambs are like poke their heads every where so we went to the edge of a wood,by this time it was getting quite warm the sun was beating down on us.So i sat in the sun while rhodey set some peg snares along the wood edge on some good runs.We went round the back of the wood on to a field of wheat and you could see where the rabbits where running down a tram line(trator track)i said we set a couple of hoops on this so i shown rhodey how to do it, padding the soil down with your feet at the edge of the run to compact the soil then set the hoop.

We finished of setting them and went home for some grub(which rhodey made a nice chicken tikka)as we was going to come back a bit later with the airifle and have a go at the ferals and rats.

We came back and i had a look ine the snares at the side of the road and in one of the hoop snares rhodey had set was a rabbit,they had only been out a few hours,so he was over the moon,which will accout for his rubbish shooting on the ferals afterwards 3 shots at 1 feral and still did not get it :icon_redface::laugh: so he passed the rifle to me and i shot 2 with 2 shots :boogie::laugh: .We managed a few rats and a few more ferals.

A few pics of the weekend.Not many because it was hammering down with rain.

The wood we snared the edge of.Thats a old car in the pic a hillman imp,i think.I knew rhodeys driving was bad but not that bad :laugh:

003-4.jpg

Rhodey with his first peg snared rabbit,you may notice it is round the belly of the rabbit,BUT this snare was set at 7 1/2 inches high so it just shows how high these rabbits jump.

006-3.jpg

It was well tucked in the undergrowth when we got there.

008-3.jpg

One in the hoop on the field of wheat.

007-3.jpg

Same rabbit with rhodeys 17 week old lab.

005-4.jpg

We was not only ones checking the snares MR FOX was doing the same.

004-4.jpg

Rhodey thinking he is CROCODILE DUNDEE :laugh::laugh:

002-4.jpg

Thanks again rhodey for the invite and putting me up,i will see you shortly when them lambs are gone. :victory:

Edited by MR TEA POT

nice one lads, those hoops really blend in once they are sprayed green ;)

AND THEY WORK ;)

th_DSCF0336.jpg

that fox certainly cut the body off that rabbit feeding cubs nearby now if you snare the same location again they will work your snare line :(

Edited by woodga

A good weekend mr tea pot, very enjoyable don't run off from the bullocks again thats why they chase you you jessy lol! All in all a very good weekend to much beer i think tho sunday morning my head was pounding. :thumbs:

A good weekend mr tea pot, very enjoyable don't run off from the bullocks again thats why they chase you you jessy lol! All in all a very good weekend to much beer i think tho sunday morning my head was pounding. :thumbs:

THEY RECKON THOSE WASPS PACK MIGHTY STING ;)

THEY RECKON THOSE WASPS PACK MIGHTY STING ;)

:clapper::hunter: :black eye: :oops:

To many bullocks for me sh1t myself when they come running over to us,a bit like you when you would not walk down the barn with the light out in case a rat came near you,you tart :o :11:

Edited by MR TEA POT
Guest ROUGH COATED
Rhodey rang up and asked if i would show him how to set snares,he had been setting them himself,and checking them but was losing heart because he was not catching any.I took a few hoops,pegs and fence snares to show him how to set all of them.

We arrived at the fields and i said"show me how you would set them" i had a look and said"we are snaring rabbits not mice" :laugh: "get them high" i said.So we set off to a grass field with a sheep mesh fence all the way round,i said i will show you how to set fence snares first.We got to the field and it was full of week old lambs,i said that field is a no no with them in it.You know what lambs are like poke their heads every where so we went to the edge of a wood,by this time it was getting quite warm the sun was beating down on us.So i sat in the sun while rhodey set some peg snares along the wood edge on some good runs.We went round the back of the wood on to a field of wheat and you could see where the rabbits where running down a tram line(trator track)i said we set a couple of hoops on this so i shown rhodey how to do it, padding the soil down with your feet at the edge of the run to compact the soil then set the hoop.

We finished of setting them and went home for some grub(which rhodey made a nice chicken tikka)as we was going to come back a bit later with the airifle and have a go at the ferals and rats.

We came back and i had a look ine the snares at the side of the road and in one of the hoop snares rhodey had set was a rabbit,they had only been out a few hours,so he was over the moon,which will accout for his rubbish shooting on the ferals afterwards 3 shots at 1 feral and still did not get it :icon_redface::laugh: so he passed the rifle to me and i shot 2 with 2 shots :boogie::laugh: .We managed a few rats and a few more ferals.

A few pics of the weekend.Not many because it was hammering down with rain.

The wood we snared the edge of.Thats a old car in the pic a hillman imp,i think.I knew rhodeys driving was bad but not that bad :laugh:

003-4.jpg

Rhodey with his first peg snared rabbit,you may notice it is round the belly of the rabbit,BUT this snare was set at 7 1/2 inches high so it just shows how high these rabbits jump.

006-3.jpg

It was well tucked in the undergrowth when we got there.

008-3.jpg

One in the hoop on the field of wheat.

007-3.jpg

Same rabbit with rhodeys 17 week old lab.

005-4.jpg

We was not only ones checking the snares MR FOX was doing the same.

004-4.jpg

Rhodey thinking he is CROCODILE DUNDEE :laugh::laugh:

002-4.jpg

Thanks again rhodey for the invite and putting me up,i will see you shortly when them lambs are gone. :victory:

Good man!!!!