Patterdale Terriers and the UK Kennel Club

Should the breed be recognised by this organisation?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Should the breed be recognised by the UK Kennel Club?

• Yes - it can only help the breed
    • No - leave the breed alone. There are many variations of this Breed.
    • Dunno - who are the UK Kennel Club?
    • Don't care!

I voted no,But imo it won't make much difference anyway as it's not the KC that f**k up breeds,Its greedy b*****ds that put money before the dogs .Take a look on EPUPZ and i think you'll find there's already 2 types of 'patterdale' working and pet,check out what some people are asking for pups now without being KC reg :o These are the people that are doing the damage..Would also be interesting to see any planned breed standard seeing as Black,Red and Chocolate/Liver are permissable colours in KC Lakelands.Seems to me as if 'Patterdales'have already been registered just some daft twat wants to do it again :angry: I'm probably wrong but imo the modern Fox Terrier and the Jack Russell were (a long time ago) the same animal,the working type(jack russell) and the show type(fox terrier) Then some bright spark decided that the JR needed recognition and now we've got the parson russells and the normal russells.It's the way it's always been 'them and us'and you won't change it.Unfortunately the THEM seems to be increasing and the US seems to be decreasing. :cry::cry:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't!!!

they ruin everything with their beauty shows and that kind of breeding for the measurements!!!

they are already judged for FCI shows in Poland or tchek republic.

not a good road for anyone that like working dogs.

best regards

i dont need to read about it, been and done it, how much is written about these so called patterdales, itsall black stuff,never had a patterdale, ive kept and worked black fells fekkin twat and i ai nt interesd in the kennel club , do your homework or get a plummer book, i asked a question which no one has yet answerd.

Guest WILF

I voted no, but it wouldnt make that much difference anyway.........they are allready in the hands of the money people and the vast majority of the gene pool in allmost all working dogs is fuked anyway.

All you can try to do shun the money makers and the folk that support them in one form or another.

As a few will know, theres dogs and theres dogs ;)

patts will be KC registered but it wont affect genuine working lads . someone said in an earlier post that the patt is the last bastien for the working terrier. to me thats bollox. lets face it thats breeding to type in its eariest form.

the best workers arnt recognised becouse of colour coat type etc but becouse of ability and the best workers will be bred to the best workers regardless off their looks by folk that need a dog with ability. long live the working terrier. sometimes black /white/ . but always a mongrel. so unafected by the kennel club

Should the Patterdale Terrier be recognised by the UK Kennel Club?

What do you think?

Considering this breed has so many variations for the specific hunting work required over many years, what happens if the UK Kennel Club get their hands on this breed and require a Breed Standard?

Is this right? Also, considering what has happened to many of the recognised breeds, such as the ataxic GSD, what could happen to the Patterdale gene pool?

Cheers

Pignut

hav'nt you learnt how the kennel club f**k up breed ie the bulldog for one, how it must look and all the other bullshit rules and regs they have. if they ever get their hands on this breed thy will most certainly ruin/f**k up say it how you want the patterdale breeding!

patts will be KC registered but it wont affect genuine working lads . someone said in an earlier post that the patt is the last bastien for the working terrier. to me thats bollox. lets face it thats breeding to type in its eariest form.

the best workers arnt recognised becouse of colour coat type etc but becouse of ability and the best workers will be bred to the best workers regardless off their looks by folk that need a dog with ability. long live the working terrier. sometimes black /white/ . but always a mongrel. so unafected by the kennel club

well said if everyone put worker to worker instead of chasing the big or so called big boy named terrier lads dogs their wouldnt be a problem with some dogs not making the grade ,remember working is what we need them for not their looks or what money you can get of selling pups on ,keep beeding in a tight circle of lads and we be ok ,remember worker to worker ,not sherkers from jerkers !

Guest rodsmith

why bring up such a stupid fu*king debate like this,you know it will start major arguments.the kennel club have screwed up every breed already apart from proper working terriers.this has got my goat!!

IMHO it hasn't started a major argument has it? It has started a discussion and perhaps made folk abit more aware of what is going on behind their backs in the name of the Patterdale terrier.