indoor lurchers?

LOL, Seems like you do the same as i do, IE: check the dog, feed,water then out into a clean warm kennel, so it looks like you do agree, but if not it don't mater, we all have our own ways, ;)

good luck

my old dog always lived outside...he still does the odd nights lamping..the mrs takes him to work with her so he keeps fit and stops him stiffening up to much..he has earned his place indoors and has a bed in the lounge and one in the kitchen so he gets to sleep were he wants......he's grey and grumpy just like me :angel::blink::cry::)

Most of the time my dogs sleep outside. If it particularly cold , or if they've had a hard day/nights work and they're damp , they sleep in the kitchen. Essentially they are house dogs when we're home , and kennel dogs at night or when we're at work. Best of both worlds. I think the most important thing is to never put the dogs to bed if they are wet and it's cold. Basic animal husbandry really.

Mccloud.

I keep mine indoors, but also put him outside at times during the day in a very secure run. I also try to take him with me with ever I go out as he runs for the door if I lift my coat. You need to think about what will fit in with your lifestyle and then stick to it. Are you prepared to put up with toilet training, chewing, food stealing, hairs (not a problem with my whippet) etc ? We get a lot of enjoyment from keeping the dog inside and I’m sure he prefers it. Its not fair if you keep the dog inside at the start and then suddenly put him out.

Eamonn

im soon to get a lurcher but not sure to keep it in house or not. will this make a difference to the dog if its kept in or out??

I kept dogs outdoors years ago and now im in a flat dogs are in the house.I prefer them in personally.Dont think it makes any differance really to performance and as someone said saves them from being stolen.

It's down to preference IMO. I've got two dogs that share a small flat with me, the wife, my 3 youngest kids and my eldest from time to time, they're no trouble.

Saying that, I've only got a little JRT and a 21" Beddy/whippet! :D