pure saluki

ive been reading this post now and why everyone against pure salukis i dont know . some people just dont liek salukis and teh prices they fetch but who forces them to buy them wurzlebert you ask how snoops dog bred why i dont know its hi sdog and he knows what he talking about have you not seen or read his posts i find his posts not only good but imformative snoop dog asks a question and he has his own opinion and very rarely have i seen snoop dog crab a dog . least he runs his dogs and i seen hi sfotos on here to say he got a top dog and i bet wurzlebert you havent a dog at all . pm me mr snoopdog and ill arrange a day out next season for us mate and keep up the good work

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting under two salukis now,

Dog cleared a five bar gate today.....OH now impressed lol

As for mixed lines - NO dont do it. One day I will foster a desert bred ( is that cruel in Irish climates??? lol )

2 years ago on this site there was very few pure saluki,s now there seems to be quite a few . :whistling: ..it will be very interesting to see how some of them perform this coming season...i mean if they wanted a good coursing animal...they would surely get a saluki x of well bred of parents that are either doing there job or have done there job.....some lads and lasses have there reasons for owning a pure ...new blood in tthe coursing lines ect ect ....but i cant help thinking most are purchased for making money .....it would be good to hear your veiws the pure saluki owners,,,,,and how many of your own a saluki over 2 years old...... :D ........stunning animals....and i was once going to get one myself ....just wondering and iam not accusing anyone just want to hear why you got one ... :big_boss:

Salukis all the way, best breed in world and oldest hunting breed, hare dogs need saluki its been proven, only one dog that won the forley cup had no saluki in it that was a grey called dancer, all others are first x with pure or have a lot of sal in them, (sniper, lucky, foxy,) all have pure sal sire. i would even use for rabbits, i had pure saluki bitch killing daytime hares and would catch 15-25 rabbits on lamp, but i realise theyre not all like that, but a pure sal x whippet gives you a rabbiting dog that will last all night, not jack or have a fit like most whippets after long night,i just bought another pure sal bitch from desert lines and have two first x pups, swear by them, these bull x are crap, even for charlie, no sense, too heavy, cant turn quick enough, beddys are much better as a breed.as for owning a saluki, if you want to breed your own stock and not pay thousands for a good dog, get a sal bitch and put your good dogs across her but you must get a decent one not show pony kc registered crap, proper desert blood. All the so called good dogs now mostly come from merlin and eve, merlin was from toby the hoover, the sire to toby was pure desrt import saluki imported in 76. anyone on here with collie cross grey? deerhoundx? crap. good all rounders but breed of jackers. dont want a row just my opinion cos of course there are dogs out there with no sal in them that kill well, but as an average, you wont go wrong with a saluki.

post-21746-1240961012.jpg

if it aint broke why fix it , give me a salukie for nothing and i will test it to the hilt but proberly it will be the one testing me , i seen a unfit pet salukie make a fool of a locan lurcher mans best dog , but that was on open land no fences just ditches but as i said give me one for nothing and i will tell ye if they are eny good ie a dog pup would be idieal for me thanks :D