Lamping with a Land Rover

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fence_hopper

that dog makes catching them rabbits look hard. he thinks he's the new warrenner what a pleb. thats the most laziest lamping i've ever seen. :laugh::laugh: :11:

Edited by fence_hopper

There is no doubt that if you have a lot of ground to cover then working the dogs from a motor is the way forward............my permission is extensive but I am lucky in so much as I have my gamekeeper to drive and I just sit on the back and work my dog :D

Its got nothing to do with not having permission, as I said my permission is vast and you just would not cover half of it if you wasnt in a motor.

My keeper looks after it all when I am away........the lucky bleeder :D

Guest lurchers&terriers

not my cup of tea that. I done it a few times when i needed results but i didnt enjoy it at all. You just cant beat getting muddy wet and cold in the winter. for results its esential but for sport its just a wee bit lazy.

the way to kill rabbits in numbers is to walk the land his method of lamping is bull shit two dogs running loose not retrieving munching rabbits up on the deck or playing tug of war with em not my cup of tea all that noise and dogs running loose id leave em where they were id couldnt be messing with rubbish like that i do a lot of poaching and we do a lot of land if its done right you aint long clearing out a lot of land pretty sharpish but not driving around in a noisy old diesel landy making that much noise especially over stubble how many is he pushing in and not seeing

the way to kill rabbits in numbers is to walk the land his method of lamping is bull shit two dogs running loose not retrieving munching rabbits up on the deck or playing tug of war with em not my cup of tea all that noise and dogs running loose id leave em where they were id couldnt be messing with rubbish like that i do a lot of poaching and we do a lot of land if its done right you aint long clearing out a lot of land pretty sharpish but not driving around in a noisy old diesel landy making that much noise especially over stubble how many is he pushing in and not seeing

I agree there, it just looks like theres no control over the dogs!Some folk are lucky with permission i suppose.

I prefer a good walk(at a fast pace) then off to a new spot ! ;)

went lamping on a friends permision with his truck...but it was a good un..not diesel,very quiet..he knew the land very well..and it was a fantastic night..i love a good walk...but this made it like Luxury Lamping...i felt like royalty in the back of the 4x4 ..and he was able to cut them off before they got to the hedge on a good few bunnies that would normally just trot off into the distance... it made me wish i had permision..on an airstrip..and wish i had a good truck... not to mention the dog !

vin