Bipod for rifle

Got a new CZ American 17hmr on Saturday along with an SAk mod and Hawke endurance 3.5-10X50. Its zeroed at one hundred yards I havent used it on Rabbits yet but here is what it does to a euro at 100yards and 2euro at 150 using federal v shok.(crappy pics from my phone)

I was just wondering has anyone got any advice on the best type of bipod for the set up?

Nice Shooting,

I have a Harris Bipod on my CZ .22 also had one on the .17 (when i had it) they don't cost that much and you can put them on most of your rifles.

I personally go out with one on all the time... there not heavy and there dam handy when you need one. Personally id get one put on JUST THINK >>... laying down in the grass there's a shot BUT your to low down, you lift up on your elbows to see if you have the shoot NO ... wait open the bipod legs extend and what!! ..... clear shot ..... there you go BANG BANG

GET ONE gat a HARRIS

NS

What is the difference between the swivel bipod and the fixed? I read something about compensating on uneven ground but didnt really understand, does it swivel as in the rifle can do a full 360 on the bipod or from side to side?????

no, it cant turn 360 degree, imagine laying down holding the rifle, a swivel will allow movent from say the 10 o clock postion to 2 o clock, if you drew a straight line down, from top of rifle to bottom

a fixed bipod, imaging again, laying down, aiming and your slightly out of line with the target, you adjust postion, one leg of the bipod would raise off the floor, bit hard to explain, someone else may explain in better

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else use the longest bipod? I didn't find the shorter ones much use, especially in a wet boggy field. Sitting on my unhooking mat with the bipod fully extended gives best results for me :gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

Edited by cyclonebri1
Got a new CZ American 17hmr on Saturday along with an SAk mod and Hawke endurance 3.5-10X50. Its zeroed at one hundred yards I havent used it on Rabbits yet but here is what it does to a euro at 100yards and 2euro at 150 using federal v shok.(crappy pics from my phone)

I was just wondering has anyone got any advice on the best type of bipod for the set up?

get a harris of some sort. they are the best you can get. you can get a lot of differnt hights, you can also get swivle or fixed bases. like i said, lots of differnt options.

good luck getting the right one