A stroll with the rimfire..

A fantastic afternoon here in the West Country so i went for a stroll to pick up some BBQ food. Seven rabbits for seven shots and some nice bbq sized ones as well. I had to cut it short as there were some roe does dozing in the sun and i didn't want to disturb them, plus they were starting to get heavy and i was gasping for a bbq beer :whistling:

There are three in this pic from a bit of a Clint Eastwood style fast shooting :toast:

post-4425-1240185539.jpg

post-4425-1240185462.jpg

Nice bit of shooting mate,are there many Bucks about?............Martin.

Hi mate :) there was an nice one around late Nember but i haven't seen him around for a while. Rumour has it that some dogs have been run in the area :angry: so i'm hoping he's just 'on holiday' elsewhere. I took a nice young buck at the same ground last Friday (my first!) so i'm hoping the does mark territory and draw some more in as the shootable area of the farm only boils down to about 50 odd acres.

speedystu Posted Today, 01:05 PM

EMM bbq bunny thants a tought for this year!! enjoy ya beer ......ss

Hi bud, rabbits are good on the barbi but you need to keet it moist - 3/4 grown are best - avoid using the old-timers or your jaw will go and teeth wear out before you get trough the fibers ;)

Nice bit of shooting mate,are there many Bucks about?............Martin.

Hi mate :) there was an nice one around late Nember but i haven't seen him around for a while. Rumour has it that some dogs have been run in the area :angry: so i'm hoping he's just 'on holiday' elsewhere. I took a nice young buck at the same ground last Friday (my first!) so i'm hoping the does mark territory and draw some more in as the shootable area of the farm only boils down to about 50 odd acres.

speedystu Posted Today, 01:05 PM

EMM bbq bunny thants a tought for this year!! enjoy ya beer ......ss

Hi bud, rabbits are good on the barbi but you need to keet it moist - 3/4 grown are best - avoid using the old-timers or your jaw will go and teeth wear out before you get trough the fibers ;)

Finished work early and taking the dog and rimmy out ! so bbq for tea. cheers for the thought...............ss

its pissing down where i live , you guys are lucky its never really hot where i live

HOLD THAT THOUGHT I'm just popping out to check the thermostat......................................................................

................[OMG its 22 degrees here in very sunny wiltshire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI mate looks like you had a good stroll i've just noticed that you use a meopta 7 x 50 scope whats it like thinking of buying one. thanks

Hi mate,

The Meopta is on my 'long-tom' stalking rifle. German quality glass and engineering for a lot less money (although if you did pay the extra for a SB or Swaski-job you would notice the difference :yes: ) They have a very fine reticule which some people don't like but its more that adequate for my needs