Escaped Ferret *advice needed*

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my ferts enclosure and placed it on a concrete base. I checked it daily to see if he had found anyway of breaking free and nothing, I checked him this morning at about 10am by squeeking and he as he normally does he popped his little head out and then went back to sleep. I went out for the day and returned at about 4pm and again squeeked him to let him know that i was getting food, but didn't wait for him to apear and went to get his food. When i got to his enclosure i realised the little bugger had dislodged a brick under his cage and escaped.

I am really gutted as he was the best mannered fert i have ever seen and was so mild mannered, but other than that he was the best worker i have ever seen aswell. So my first request is that if anyone finds or see's a polecat fert hob in the stevenage, herts area could they please contact me as i really would love my fert back 0754552882 if anyone does see him all thats needed to get him to come to you is too squeel like a rabbit and he will run to you and climb up your leg waiting to be stroked. The second thing is could anyome give me some advice as to how far he will roam and the best way to help me search for him i.e the best places to search, distance to search and anything else that would make searching easier for myself.

So far i have done door to door and checked the surrounding area i will check the local vets tomorrow to see if anything has been handed in, also left the cage door open with plenty of ferret kibble in the hope he may return. other than that i am lost as what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered.

Kind Regards

Martin

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my ferts enclosure and placed it on a concrete base. I checked it daily to see if he had found anyway of breaking free and nothing, I checked him this morning at about 10am by squeeking and he as he normally does he popped his little head out and then went back to sleep. I went out for the day and returned at about 4pm and again squeeked him to let him know that i was getting food, but didn't wait for him to apear and went to get his food. When i got to his enclosure i realised the little bugger had dislodged a brick under his cage and escaped.

I am really gutted as he was the best mannered fert i have ever seen and was so mild mannered, but other than that he was the best worker i have ever seen aswell. So my first request is that if anyone finds or see's a polecat fert hob in the stevenage, herts area could they please contact me as i really would love my fert back 0754552882 if anyone does see him all thats needed to get him to come to you is too squeel like a rabbit and he will run to you and climb up your leg waiting to be stroked. The second thing is could anyome give me some advice as to how far he will roam and the best way to help me search for him i.e the best places to search, distance to search and anything else that would make searching easier for myself.

So far i have done door to door and checked the surrounding area i will check the local vets tomorrow to see if anything has been handed in, also left the cage door open with plenty of ferret kibble in the hope he may return. other than that i am lost as what to do.

Kind Regards

Martin

that worked for me left the cage open over night woke up in the moring and she was curled up sleeping.

hope you get your ferret back

Raider boy

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Martin

that worked for me left the cage open over night woke up in the moring and she was curled up sleeping.

Raider boy

So do I mate he bolted over 500 rabbits last season and it was his first season took to the hunt better than any ferret I have had the pleasure in seeing. Thats the reason I am so gutted and also the fact that he was also a family pet aswell.

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Martin

Raider boy

So do I mate he bolted over 500 rabbits last season and it was his first season took to the hunt better than any ferret I have had the pleasure in seeing. Thats the reason I am so gutted and also the fact that he was also a family pet aswell.

furthest mine got was 3 miles...... mrs rang all local vets..... result - found . Dont bother with RSPCA they arent feckin interested at all . TWATS

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Martin

Raider boy

furthest mine got was 3 miles...... mrs rang all local vets..... result - found . Dont bother with RSPCA they arent feckin interested at all . TWATS

also if you have a cage trap bait that with some ferret kibble or favourite treats and if he comes back he might try that. good luck hope you get him back

Well gonna go for another walk as if i'm correct ferts become more active at night and squeeking will carry further at night i hope. If he was around he would have come back on first hearing the squeek/squeeling noise.

leave your run open with some food in it ,a catch alive trap set near by and walk round at night seeing if you can spot him with a lamp is the best i can offer hope you get him back mate

Do you know anyone with a jill in season? Might be worth borrowing one and keeping it in your garden for a few days, see what happens.

Just an idea, but my hobs make a beeline for the ferret court that contains my jills when I let them out in the garden, 'that' time of year and all that! ;)

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Martin

im deverstated when i lose ferrets but if you put some food out hopfully it should come back gud luk :o

the only advice i can offer is to check your neighbouring gardens under sheds behind water barrels and all small hiding places a live trap or 2 in others gardens anyone with chickens or birds in the area or rabbits you are responsible to warn other pet owners that your ferret is loose he might be holed up asleep with what was the neighbours rabbit

good luck in finding your ferret keep us posted

the only advice i can offer is to check your neighbouring gardens under sheds behind water barrels and all small hiding places a live trap or 2 in others gardens anyone with chickens or birds in the area or rabbits you are responsible to warn other pet owners that your ferret is loose he might be holed up asleep with what was the neighbours rabbit

I found the little bugger this morning after phoning every vet in the area, he was picked up about 5miles away from where i live which is quite strange as i live in a really built up area. Got to the vets and was told he was going mad in the cage as soon as i spoke, but as an extra bonus he had been bathed and had a manicure so saves me job.

Also as a bonus is that they had another Hob fert there that has been beat up a bit when it was living wild and they asked if i would home it as it will be put to sleep in a couple of days. I have found a home for him with my hunting buddies, so today has been a great day for me and my hunting buddies.

Thanks to everyone for there support and help I can't say how extremly happy I am to have Bandit back.

Kind Regards

Martin

I found the little bugger this morning after phoning every vet in the area, he was picked up about 5miles away from where i live which is quite strange as i live in a really built up area. Got to the vets and was told he was going mad in the cage as soon as i spoke, but as an extra bonus he had been bathed and had a manicure so saves me job.

Also as a bonus is that they had another Hob fert there that has been beat up a bit when it was living wild and they asked if i would home it as it will be put to sleep in a couple of days. I have found a home for him with my hunting buddies, so today has been a great day for me and my hunting buddies.

Thanks to everyone for there support and help I can't say how extremly happy I am to have Bandit back.

Kind Regards

Martin

:clapper: excellent mate glad it's a happy ending :D et you didn't expect to see him again.