keeping working dogs in or out ?

Guest TERRIERCENTRAL

i think you should have a line working dog or pet!

Why?

thats what i was thinking mate,whats wrong with it being a pet and a worker,ive kept nothing but working dogs for 25 yrs both inside and out and personally would prefer them indoors imo they bond better train easier and after a hard night lamping in the freezing wind and rain,where would you rather rest,theyl recover quicker in the warmth of the house,and also some areas(like mine)dont suffer at all from dog theft,but every area suffers from burglary,theres not much point in having a 70lb lurcher locked in its pen when your possesions are being rifled through by some scumbag while your sleeping,id rather have it at the top of the stairs waiting for the fecker

Edited by craigyboy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mine stay indoors gives me a bit of peice of mind with the amount of theiving scum about these days ;)

if its indoors it aint gonna get nicked!! you dont put your 40 inch plasma tv outside in a shed with a 50p lock on it,so why do it with your dogs?

Hi mate built new six foot fence put in P.I.R Flood light,s and ccty Buiding new kennel, this week.atb.catcher

sounds good in theory mate,but yourself and neighbours will soon ignore the security light when things like cats and the wind sets it off ten times a night,and as for the cctv they all look the same with their hoods up ;)

Edited by craigyboy

Why?

thats what i was thinking mate,whats wrong with it being a pet and a worker,ive kept nothing but working dogs for 25 yrs both inside and out and personally would prefer them indoors imo they bond better train easier and after a hard night lamping in the freezing wind and rain,where would you rather rest,theyl recover quicker in the warmth of the house,and also some areas(like mine)dont suffer at all from dog theft,but every area suffers from burglary,theres not much point in having a 70lb lurcher locked in its pen when your possesions are being rifled through by some scumbag while your sleeping,id rather have it at the top of the stairs waiting for the fecker

I agree totally with you, dogs that have knocks or have been worked hard will recover far quicker in doors especially in the winter. The downside as someone pointed out is the smell. I dont get the distinguishing between a working dog and a pet....do you feel less for the dog because it's outdoors?

Why?

I agree totally with you, dogs that have knocks or have been worked hard will recover far quicker in doors especially in the winter. The downside as someone pointed out is the smell. I dont get the distinguishing between a working dog and a pet....do you feel less for the dog because it's outdoors?

My point exactly. ;)

It's the same fecking animal whether it's kept inside or outside, it'll still do exactly the same job. It's a matter of personal preference IMO.

mine stay indoors gives me a bit of peice of mind with the amount of theiving scum about these days ;)

if its indoors it aint gonna get nicked!! you dont put your 40 inch plasma tv outside in a shed with a 50p lock on it,so why do it with your dogs?

Hi mate built new six foot fence put in P.I.R Flood light,s and ccty Buiding new kennel, this week.atb.catcher

EVERY CREDIT but a lot dont go to such lengths and end up regretting it.

All of our dogs are currently in, if we are outside, then they go out in the kennels but at night and when we are out they are in the house.

They are too valuable to be left out at the minute.

Also i think they work better as they have a better bond,

As regards the mess, we have a wet room as you come in and so the dogs are dried or washed if necessary and then to their bed to clean up.

and if there's a mess....they're his dogs and he cleans it up.

:D

1 main advantage of kennels is when your dog has been out working in the winter and is covered in s**t you can leave it in the kennel to dry or clean its self without your house getting mesed up

aye,thats the way,after a hard nights graft in the freezing wind and rain,getting banged and bruised as they relentlessly pursue their quarry and all just to please their master,after all that,just sling em in the kennel to dry themselves,sorted, im glad im not your dog :no:

Edited by craigyboy
1 main advantage of kennels is when your dog has been out working in the winter and is covered in s**t you can leave it in the kennel to dry or clean its self without your house getting mesed up

aye,thats the way,after a hard nights graft in the freezing wind and rain,getting banged and bruised as they relentlessly pursue their quarry and all just to please their master,after all that,just sling em in the kennel to dry themselves,sorted, im glad im not your dog :no:

When ive been lamping, if its been raining , towel the dog down, and check body+feet for any injuries i do this wet or dry. Then put him in his kennel, and give a nice warm meal. Thats where a dog belongs out side, its a[ animal] not a human. :whistling: