bbc1 news wales

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i looked after that grey hound well when i had her and my mate down the road got it now she was about 8 when you gave it to me and she burnt out 2 quick for the work i was doing with her so i gave her a good home

the dog was nowhere near 8 as turk on here will tell you and you never had the dog long enough to get it even half fit .... and when somebody goes out of their way to get you a dog for free and you decide to get rid of it you should offer it back to the person that gave it to you

i know i should have offerd the dog back to u and i appreatiate u going out of your way to get the dog for me but my mate down the rod nagged me 4 the dog so i let him have it so i gave suizie to him sorry mate

Marathon rescue operation for dog

Ben is back safely in the arms of his owner Richard Watkin

A Jack Russell terrier which disappeared down a rabbit hole in a cemetery has been found alive after a 15-hour rescue operation.

Richard Watkin hired a digger and a thermal image camera was used in the hunt for Ben.

Owner and pet were finally reunited on Thursday, after part of a Swansea Valley graveyard was excavated.

RSPCA officers and firefighters joined in the rescue at Alltygrug, near Ystalyfera.

Mr Watkin said he was "over the moon" after seeing Ben again.

"He's always up to mischief, always going down holes, always catching God knows what," he said.

"The missus, well, she loves the dog more than me," he added.

"I was a bit worried for a bit, he stopped baying and I thought he might have suffocated but we kept on digging and had him in the end."

Mr Watkin was joined in his mission by friends who helped to dig into the ground around the hole after hearing a bark.

hows that amte that is the [bANNED TEXT] up on the bbc news website and good digging lol it must have been a big rabit lolol

did any 1 c half 6 news on bbc 1 about that boy who's dog went to ground with no locator and after digging all night and day turned into an old level? well it was me b***%*d almost 20 hours digging im boloxed :icon_redface:

Good luck to you mate :good: I lived in your neck of the woods for over 20yrs :yes::)

Guns, did nobody give you any grief about digging up their land?

Anybody know where the law stands if someone had a locating device on their terrier and they were on public land? Could that be seen as evidence of unlawful hunting? Or would it be seen as a sensible way of keeping track of your dog as you know it is prone to going to ground?