Have got an impossible to refuse price on a new cz 550 lux in .243. It replaces a secondhand winchester m70 I am trading up from.

Question is though, is going up sideays or backwards.

Any input appreciated, I am particularly interested in anyones experience in using the gun against deer and what bullets/weights have worked well. I have heard the rate of twist suits 95gr at the heaviest...

Thanks in advance

Late

Have got an impossible to refuse price on a new cz 550 lux in .243. It replaces a secondhand winchester m70 I am trading up from.

Any input appreciated, I am particularly interested in anyones experience in using the gun against deer and what bullets/weights have worked well. I have heard the rate of twist suits 95gr at the heaviest...

Thanks in advance

Late

A nice, functional rifle. I shoot one in a different cal but the .243 has a large following on this site. A good cartridge with plenty of factory ammo choice.

Thanks in advance

Late

im not sure that would be sutable as 100 grain is the min for red isnt it

Thanks for the feedback.

The Winchester I had was a .243 too. I used winchester 95 gr silver tips against the fallow without any complaints.

I was holding out for a Howa but delivery seems impossible or at least delayed indefinitely. Then I was offered a new CZ at a very reasonable price (ie much cheaper).

I should have said earlier that I am over in Ireland and .243 makes me legal for all the deer on offer. Though around me it's pretty much fallow and nothing else.

Thanks again,

Late

Guest Ralfy II

Try up the cal to a better range of heads.

:clapper: The 6.5x55 will do 85-142 g, with 120g on offer in all variations of hp s/p balistic etc , with 48g of vit 160 will clover leaf at 150yds +

In the Cz 550 ,its a winner ! A superb oufit, with optional stocks manufactured by various US & Aussy companies too. ;)

http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=...184&lang=en

Edited by Ralfy II