• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Ross :boxing: a north east lad and fellow fieldsports enthusiast :clapping:

The other lad did well against Ross..................well hanging on for dear life............... :clapper: ............lovely finish though, cant believe gotta wait another week now............. :(

Ive only got setanta for the UFC- cant see why they let virgin get it ?!?!

Really looking forward to this series! Should be great!

Dont you think the amount of ufc they have is shit.........i set it to record everything and its just fecking repeats!!!!!

? They've shown every show since they took over mate, and the Ultimate fight nights as well. If you've got one of them V+ boxes I wouldn't trust the series record thing they have on that, they always miss stuff and record the stuff you don't want. I just keep an eye on the UFC website for when the shows are happening and set it to record each one individually.

I went to UFC 89 and what a night that was! f*****g tremendous in fact, if ever you get the chance to go to one of their shows I'd jump at the chance because they really do put a good show on. We were sat by where the fighters walk back into the changing rooms and Leben was in f*****g bits on his way back out the arena, he was hobbling about in real pain.

Have you caught the Affliction shows that have been on Bravo as well? They've shown the Fedor vs. Arlovski and Fedor vs. Tim Silvia shows. Wwith a bit of luck they'll continue to show more of them.

Ive only got setanta for the UFC- cant see why they let virgin get it ?!?!

Really looking forward to this series! Should be great!

Dont you think the amount of ufc they have is shit.........i set it to record everything and its just fecking repeats!!!!!

? They've shown every show since they took over mate, and the Ultimate fight nights as well. If you've got one of them V+ boxes I wouldn't trust the series record thing they have on that, they always miss stuff and record the stuff you don't want. I just keep an eye on the UFC website for when the shows are happening and set it to record each one individually.

I went to UFC 89 and what a night that was! f*****g tremendous in fact, if ever you get the chance to go to one of their shows I'd jump at the chance because they really do put a good show on. We were sat by where the fighters walk back into the changing rooms and Leben was in f*****g bits on his way back out the arena, he was hobbling about in real pain.

Have you caught the Affliction shows that have been on Bravo as well? They've shown the Fedor vs. Arlovski and Fedor vs. Tim Silvia shows. Wwith a bit of luck they'll continue to show more of them.

Thats prob where i'm going wrong, i put them all on series link and just get 5 of the same show........... :doh: ................... yeah have caught some of the affliction stuff on bravo, also all the cage rage stuff on extreme sports i think it is too........... :thumbs: .....hopefully they'll have another show in newcastle soon???

Thats prob where i'm going wrong, i put them all on series link and just get 5 of the same show........... :doh: ................... yeah have caught some of the affliction stuff on bravo, also all the cage rage stuff on extreme sports i think it is too........... :thumbs: .....hopefully they'll have another show in newcastle soon???

If they do bring another one over to Newcastle try your best to get a ticket mate, they put on a brilliant show, better than any of the boxing shows I've been too (and I've been to some cracking bouts) It's just they add a bit more glitz to the whole thing, and it just makes for a better night the way the UFC put it all together.

I really do recommend it mate.

I flew to Chicago to try out for this series!...there was 800 guys showed up, the biggest try out they have ever had...i got down to the last 100 guys...never seen so many 'roided out lads in one place!...lol.

Joe Silva (UFC matchmaker) said if i would have gone to the try outs in the UK i would of been in for sure, as they only had 200 lads show up!...next time they have try outs in the UK, i will use it as an exscuse the fly home and try out...he said most of teh lads back home didnt knwo how to cut weight, and most of the guys that wanted to try out for 185lbs, should have been 155lbers!..lol....always next time i guess!?..

Good luck to the lads on the show!.

Kye..

Will be interesting to see how it pans out, the clip of the american lads, they didnt look too good, couldn't cut weight, one passing out whilst stood there...........cant wait to see it........would've thought more than 200 would've tried out here.........and loads more than 800 in the US.........what were the try outs like KYE, what did they have you doing????

800 in ONE tryout mate...they have numerous tryouts, all over the country...they average 500-600 people here, but Chicago is in the middle of the country, so probably not the best one to go too!..lol.

It was alot of waiting around...then we had to do a submission match, if you get past that, you go onto do some bag work, if you get past that you have a personality interview...

To be honest, all the guys that got through when i was there, came from big camps, and had fiends that where 'Names'...a bunch of fighters that are already are with the UFC where there with friends, training buddies etc...nearly all of them got through....it seems alot is who you know, not what you know...plus, how can you evaluate a strikers ability on PADS!...its easy to look good on pads, but that dont make you good in a fight...and you cant realy evaluate grappling with a 1 or 2 minute match....the guy i beat in the grappling, was MUCH better than me!...he was a brown belt in BJJ under Machido in CA, and i dont even have a belt!..lol...he would have killed me in a proper grappling tourny imo...

It was fun, but very exspensive,...probably wouldnt do it again (over here) but would have a go back home anyway,...

Kye..

800 in ONE tryout mate...they have numerous tryouts, all over the country...they average 500-600 people here, but Chicago is in the middle of the country, so probably not the best one to go too!..lol.

It was alot of waiting around...then we had to do a submission match, if you get past that, you go onto do some bag work, if you get past that you have a personality interview...

To be honest, all the guys that got through when i was there, came from big camps, and had fiends that where 'Names'...a bunch of fighters that are already are with the UFC where there with friends, training buddies etc...nearly all of them got through....it seems alot is who you know, not what you know...plus, how can you evaluate a strikers ability on PADS!...its easy to look good on pads, but that dont make you good in a fight...and you cant realy evaluate grappling with a 1 or 2 minute match....the guy i beat in the grappling, was MUCH better than me!...he was a brown belt in BJJ under Machido in CA, and i dont even have a belt!..lol...he would have killed me in a proper grappling tourny imo...

It was fun, but very exspensive,...probably wouldnt do it again (over here) but would have a go back home anyway,...

Kye..

i get what you mean, i thought 800 was low for all of the US.......... :icon_redface: ..............i always wonder that when you watch the shows they all seem to know someone in the ufc........bad that i think!!!!

Yeah, but that show business mate!...its like Cock Chesnar (Brock Lesnar) getting a title shot when he did,...it wasnt fair, but it made lots of money, and i GUESS that more important than the sport!?...to some anyway!

Kye,..

The lads that get in would prob get the chance anyway through their contacts, so think TUF should be for unknown folk, but hey never mind, who'll you be supporting then???

I havent seen one episode yet mate...we dont have TV at the house anymore, and i work wednesday nights (when its on here)...im gonna guess that the UK boys, on average will have better stand up, and the USA lads will have better ground game...imo, heart goes to the British lads, skill to the Americans.

Kye..