Best terrier for ratting

Just been thinking now what would be the best terrier for ratting? I have been out ratting once with terriers and enjoyed it very much. Not looking to buy a terrier any time soon because I'm getting a lurcher but maybe in a few years I might.

Them bull terriers look like they would do the job lol :clapper:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull terriers were bred to fight each other, and other, larger animals. Sure they'd do a job, but it's overkill. You want something like a game little JRT for rats, IMO. :thumbs:

i havent owned a good ratting/hunting terrier for a few years but the terrier i do have kills rats every week.he can look pretty good on his own or out with others but i can still remember when his mother and later his son(more plummer blood) were always beating him to a rat or finding one where he had gone past.

people should buy whatever they want...................for the amount of ratting i do anything does to be honest.

get a terrier from digging parents,it'll kill rats as good as any and also give you the option of using it for earth work if you ever need it asuming it lives up to its breeding.a patterdale/fell or decent russel would be your best bet.

i havent owned a good ratting/hunting terrier for a few years but the terrier i do have kills rats every week.he can look pretty good on his own or out with others but i can still remember when his mother and later his son(more plummer blood) were always beating him to a rat or finding one where he had gone past.

people should buy whatever they want...................for the amount of ratting i do anything does to be honest.

Have you two got lost, I think your in the wrong section? :lol::hunter::gunsmilie: