Holes?

Guest MOLLY

Guest MOLLY

Brilliant, thank you. It said to rake in the seed to cover it so i though putting compost over would be better :rolleyes:

Im only doing a bit at a time. I want lawned paths all over the garden with beds here and there rather than just a big square with a border around it, so im seeding a bit at a time then meshing it off to stop the dogs going on till its grown sufficiently.

The amount of mole hills all over this part of the country i think you could have a full length coat :D

MOLL.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MOLLY

Terra 1 Moles 0

She stuck her nose under the mesh and i was just about to stop her when she lunged forward and i heard the squeak :D:D:D Over the bleedin moon :yes:

1nil1.jpg

1nil2.jpg

1nil.jpg

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY

Ironic thing is, she never had to dig an inch, just in the right place at the right time.

Cant wait to see you waiting for them with the 12bore. Will you be fully camo'ed? :whistle:

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY

2 nil, 2 nil, 2nil, 2 nil :yahoo:

The farmer put a trap down for me the other day, when i checked it this morning it had gone.

Im just pottering about when i found he had moved it..a quick check and......

Dont know what kind of traps they are but loading them again is a bit scarey, very hard to reset without losing a finger :icon_eek:

But well worth it....2 in one day.

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY

:D I had to ask the same question.

If there are hills its easier, there are tunnels from hill to hill, you just have to gently find them and put the trap in the tunnel. However my moles dont 'do hills' :rolleyes: and have random tunnels going all over the place, so you have to follow the tunnels and try to put it at a good place in one.

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY

There is definately more activity in another part of the garden, so def one more, and ive already caught one there in a trap.

And the one yesterday was in the same place as the one Terra caught one and i got one in a trap. So i think this may be an ongoing for a while, as i dont know if it will be a family of moles or if they are coming in from the outside after the regular ones are killed?

MOLL.

Holes are similar. But i dont live in North America :unsure::D

MOLL.

:icon_redface: Im sorry im not trying to help you with this problem! Im after more info on what you said about your dogs digging out moles. I never herd of this before,

does this acutely work? And if so how do you go about geting your dogs on'em ? :signthankspin:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MOLLY

Shes just showing off now :rolleyes:

She actually got a shrew and a mole today but i cant find the shrew now :unsure:

MOLL.

Holes are similar. But i dont live in North America :unsure::D

MOLL.

:icon_redface: Im sorry im not trying to help you with this problem! Im after more info on what you said about your dogs digging out moles. I never herd of this before,

does this acutely work? And if so how do you go about geting your dogs on'em ? :signthankspin:

No it hardly ever works :rolleyes: . My moles are very close to the surface, they even dig along the top of the ground. Normal moles in mole hills would be practically impossible to dig out.

The dogs just dig them cos thats what they do...no entering as such :laugh:

MOLL.