Incompetent farmer

So I was out taking the hound for a run and when walking up a fairly well used footpath which I frequent, there stood a live catch fox trap near to the edge of a field of ewes and lambs. It was sprung with a headless lamb gassing up in the beaming sun for bait inside. Everything legal fair enough but how uncontentious can you get, it was literally 2 meters off this well used footpath in blazon view of every tom, dick and harry who comes along and decides to make their own uneducated opinion about it which then further down the line just leads to bad mouthing of country folk.

Not only this act of stupidity, in my view, but also anyone who uses these traps you will know that you've got little or no chance of success sticking a shiny, metal trap in the middle of a field with no camo or building into a thicket. Also in a field where you would not want to be bare footed for the fear of lamb placenta smooshing between your toes with every 2 paces, I'm sure charlie would rather hoover all of these up than enter into an unfamiliar metal cage that has appeared into his territory.

Just want to know who's with me on this one with a view to the farmer being somewhat incompetent and complacent?

post-25855-1238435890.jpg

Shows the footpath sign on the left and trap on the right, stupid proximity.

post-25855-1238436038.jpg

A view from the closest footpath to it, no fences or anything.

Rubbish quality photos as only had my phone on me.

To be fair he is a farmer and hunting is probably not his thing. He is probably just pissed off with losing money every night to those orange smelly fuckers that run around at night killing anything they catch. I for 1 wouldn't give a toss where he put it and as you said all perfectly legal so anybody who has a problem with it could maybe dig deep in there pockets and pay for the lambs that are killed every night :wallbash:

To be fair he is a farmer and hunting is probably not his thing. He is probably just pissed off with losing money every night to those orange smelly fuckers that run around at night killing anything they catch. I for 1 wouldn't give a toss where he put it and as you said all perfectly legal so anybody who has a problem with it could maybe dig deep in there pockets and pay for the lambs that are killed every night :wallbash:

You are right mate. F**k anyone who has a problem with it I guess. I hope for the farmers sake that the trap doesn't get swiped as I know from my keepering days that even the best hidden traps sometimes get nicked/trashed. He'll be even more out of pocket if that happens, then again he is the most socially inadequate farmer I know who won't give anyone the time of day! haha

So I was out taking the hound for a run and when walking up a fairly well used footpath which I frequent, there stood a live catch fox trap near to the edge of a field of ewes and lambs. It was sprung with a headless lamb gassing up in the beaming sun for bait inside. Everything legal fair enough but how uncontentious can you get, it was literally 2 meters off this well used footpath in blazon view of every tom, dick and harry who comes along and decides to make their own uneducated opinion about it which then further down the line just leads to bad mouthing of country folk.

Not only this act of stupidity, in my view, but also anyone who uses these traps you will know that you've got little or no chance of success sticking a shiny, metal trap in the middle of a field with no camo or building into a thicket. Also in a field where you would not want to be bare footed for the fear of lamb placenta smooshing between your toes with every 2 paces, I'm sure charlie would rather hoover all of these up than enter into an unfamiliar metal cage that has appeared into his territory.

Just want to know who's with me on this one with a view to the farmer being somewhat incompetent and complacent?

post-25855-1238435890.jpg

Shows the footpath sign on the left and trap on the right, stupid proximity.

post-25855-1238436038.jpg

A view from the closest footpath to it, no fences or anything.

Rubbish quality photos as only had my phone on me.

very lucky it hasnt been nicked or smashed up

You are right mate. F**k anyone who has a problem with it I guess. I hope for the farmers sake that the trap doesn't get swiped as I know from my keepering days that even the best hidden traps sometimes get nicked/trashed. He'll be even more out of pocket if that happens, then again he is the most socially inadequate farmer I know who won't give anyone the time of day! haha

Thats the only thing i would be worried about mate some wank stealing it or trashing it like you say. Hopefully some anti twat sees a fox in it and decides to let it free and it takes the hand of him. I would pay to see that :clapper:

If that was round here it would last about 2 minutes before it was nicked!

If youve got a gun and/or fox trapping experience , looks like an open invitation to get some permission mate! A knock on the door and an offer to eliminate the fox in return for some regular shooting looks a must!!!!!

If that was round here it would last about 2 minutes before it was nicked!

If youve got a gun and/or fox trapping experience , looks like an open invitation to get some permission mate! A knock on the door and an offer to eliminate the fox in return for some regular shooting looks a must!!!!!

I should give it a go you're right, I have never really thought about approaching him as when I have seen him and tried to engage him and pass the time of day he has just grumbled under his breath and carried on. He seems to be a traditional farmer type and the problem I reckon is that often when he's seen me I am wearing camos and also i have a 'skinhead' which I think people jump to conclusions about, not to mention the lurcher by my side also. Its a problem I have come up against more than once. I guess I should smarten up and go knock on his door like you say.

I say go for it. My mates just landed a bit of pigeon shooting by simply asking.

The farmer is also having lamb problems and asked if he could do anything about the foxes? So he has promised to head along with the dogs and........................ :whistling: chase those pesky foxes away

I cant believe you never went straight to his house and asked him to let you at them!!

Its because like I said, he is the most grumpy f**ker you'l come across in the countryside and I have had minor run ins with him before like when I have been the wrong side of a fence, not major trespassing or anything, just when sometimes I hop over the fence if I see an incoming dog walker on the path and want to avoid a possible ruck, which is a common occurrence with damn general public's poorly behaved pets. The farmer has caught me on a couple of occasions and thus doesn't have a great impression of me, I can tell by the vibe he gives off.

Either way, I'm headed up there this week sometime to try my luck, might even put a clean shirt on to boost my chances.