Spraying a little pup with water won't do her any good at all: won't cure the problem and will badly affect her relationship and trust with you.

Was the pup taken from its litter too young? Is she cold at night? Do you let her demand attention of you all the time when your're about? Does she see you as her lifeline/reason for living? Is she insecure?

For a pup to be alone is the worst thing in the world if it is not happy and settled in the home: its like being rejected from the pack: which in the wild means death most likely.

Have you tried sleeping downstairs with the pup in a cage beside you? Gradually you can move further and further away until you end up back in your own bed! LOL

Does the pup cry ALL night non stop? Or just at certain times? Does it need a pee or crap? Has it been properly wormed? A heavy worm burden will give them bad guts and make them feel horrible inside. Is it hungry? Some pups need feeding more often than others.

Spraying a little pup with water won't do her any good at all: won't cure the problem and will badly affect her relationship and trust with you.

Was the pup taken from its litter too young? Is she cold at night? Do you let her demand attention of you all the time when your're about? Does she see you as her lifeline/reason for living? Is she insecure?

For a pup to be alone is the worst thing in the world if it is not happy and settled in the home: its like being rejected from the pack: which in the wild means death most likely.

Have you tried sleeping downstairs with the pup in a cage beside you? Gradually you can move further and further away until you end up back in your own bed! LOL

Does the pup cry ALL night non stop? Or just at certain times? Does it need a pee or crap? Has it been properly wormed? A heavy worm burden will give them bad guts and make them feel horrible inside. Is it hungry? Some pups need feeding more often than others.

She's been wormed and shouldnt be cold, left litter at 9 weeks. She doesnt cry all night just at when she forst goes to bed then 2ish and then 5.30ish. I go downstairs and put her out then put her back in her bed, sometimes she pees or has a crap sometimes she doesnt, sometimes she's already been on the floor. She doesnt seem that starving when I feed her in the morning. She doesnt demand attention although she is more clingy than terriers or labs I'm used to. She's out in the back yard now on her own lay in the sun.

She's got a kennal outside which she has sat in a bit during the day. I was thinking of just putting her in there but she wouldnt last the night without peeing and it has turned a bit cold last few days so leaving the door open may not be good.

I'll try sleeping on the sofa bed tonight and she if she'll sleep in the cage nearby.

try leaving a radio on for her, turned on low....we had the exact same pattern with Bilbo...we made sure he was fed ok and let out before bed, plenty of room to do his business etc in his run. we didnt go to him though when he barked and after a week his 10pm bark lasted only a few seconds, the 2am bark stopped and the 5am bark changed to 7am.

found out that the 7am bark was our daughter shouting for him and him replying so the radio worked to cover that up.

eventually the barking stopped completely but it took about 3 weeks in total...the main reason was our daughter shouting him but once we worked that out it was better.

we dont let him up on us or show him so much attention and it all seems to have worked.

Last two nights she's been in the crate in the living room with me on the sofa bed and she's not made a sound. I've woken up and put her out to pee and she's gone straight back to sleep. I'll give it a week like this and then try sleeping upstairs before building up to her sleeping in kennel outside. Today she got left in the back yard for a few hours and had obviously had a paddy at first (marks on door) but she was asleep in the sun when I got back.

I had the same problem.I put her in the kennel during the day she did a bit of yepping then i took her for a long walk, feed her she went to sleep didn't hear her for 2 nights. Then she started yepping at 1am and then 3am for about half an hour.She had teddy and toys with her.Now shes out in the day and then i bring her in at night.

I had the same problem.I put her in the kennel during the day she did a bit of yepping then i took her for a long walk, feed her she went to sleep didn't hear her for 2 nights. Then she started yepping at 1am and then 3am for about half an hour.She had teddy and toys with her.Now shes out in the day and then i bring her in at night.

She's sleeping in the crate well now on her own fine, its just leaving her on her own thats a problem now. Any tips on that other than leave her in the back yard and let her wine. She has a kennel she goes in but never for long. I'm hoping for a day of heavy rain as she doesnt seem the type to stand in the rain at the back door whinging.

got a pup the same age [bANNED TEXT] i got her at 8 weeks spent the first day holding her while wearing an old jumper [bANNED TEXT] it came to put her in the cage i put the jumper in for her to lay on never had a peep out of her might be worth a try .good luck

how about a hot water bottle in her crate.

Good tip dwalin, but not too hot. About body heat only, and wrapped in a towel or the "old jumper" mentioned by poacher.

I am disappointed by the number of people who post about barking whining puppies. Why are they not prepared for the new arrival?

A pup who has after all, been on the earth only 8 to 10 weeks, and always slept with the warmth and company of it's litter mates, is left in a box in a shed or cold kitchen, and expected to be quiet and content. There has been no end of good advice given on here,and easy to access, but still the same questions keep coming.

how about a hot water bottle in her crate.

Good tip dwalin, but not too hot. About body heat only, and wrapped in a towel or the "old jumper" mentioned by poacher.

I am disappointed by the number of people who post about barking whining puppies. Why are they not prepared for the new arrival?

A pup who has after all, been on the earth only 8 to 10 weeks, and always slept with the warmth and company of it's litter mates, is left in a box in a shed or cold kitchen, and expected to be quiet and content. There has been no end of good advice given on here,and easy to access, but still the same questions keep coming.

why dont you read whats been written on here, then either try and help or shut the f**k up

Edited by anagallis_arvensis