First Mink out the new sets...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope u get all his cousins good start what trap are you using?

Mk 6 Fenns all the way mate, kills em clean every time

Foxy

in your dreams lad, a mark six does not kill a mink , and ive trapped them a lot of years longer than you , and a hell of a lot more mink , when they get caught they head for the water , i have personally witnessed large mink getting caught in the early morning and a perfect neck strike, and still fighting a fenn mark six twenty minutes later, thats why i used drowning wires , as i said to the ministry that they had passed traps that coudn,t kill mink as they are not strong enough , and that is years of hard facts trapping around 50 mink in 6 weeks in the winters when they are full grown and at there best , the best humane mink killing traps are the kania 2000, and the 120 bodygrip , they even pull the 116 of the holders and head for the water. and i,ve caught them at 6 lbs in weight , i have even had small bitch mink sitting still alive in mark sixes , they don,t even kill rabbits a lot of the time as the likes of moley , mickey, peg and gun, and teejay , who have caught hundreds in these traps every season.

To add my two pennyworth, there's no Mink round my way so I have no experience trapping them. I've never been convinced that the mark IV Fenn is a good killer of squirrels, I have had too many foul catches with Bodygrips and don't like them much but I have found the Kania 2000 to be very good, if too expensive and also fairly shoddily made. I have only had one foul catch in an awful lot of squirrels killed with my Kanias

[an intresting trap that chalkie, its like a giant mole trap :D looks a good strong spring , not unlike the kania.

whats the traps intended victim in its home country??

cheers TOMO