Lurcher problem

Hi guys just seeing if anyone has had a similar issue with there lurcher before i take him the vets... basically he has an irritation at the base of his tail which has ment he is chewing it abit and its now bold at the base, the same irritation seems to have spread to his hind legs on the sides where the fur has come away. i have fleeded him regular and wormed him so didnt think it could be this its got progressivly worse over the last few weeks

any help would be apriciated otherwise its an expensive day out to th vets

cheers folks

Hi guys just seeing if anyone has had a similar issue with there lurcher before i take him the vets... basically he has an irritation at the base of his tail which has ment he is chewing it abit and its now bold at the base, the same irritation seems to have spread to his hind legs on the sides where the fur has come away. i have fleeded him regular and wormed him so didnt think it could be this its got progressivly worse over the last few weeks

cheers folks

Could be mange, take it to the vets mate.

cheers folks

Could be mange, take it to the vets mate.

Yeh this was my initial thought god knows ..[NO TEXT TALK] had an expirence of this ??

Chewing at the base of his tale could indicate his anal glands are full and need emptying.....he can do this himself which is for the best as with larger dogs the more often they are done the more often they need doing......unless they are impacted then i would suggest getting a vet to empty them....

Atb Miss T x

Chewing at the base of his tale could indicate his anal glands are full and need emptying.....he can do this himself which is for the best as with larger dogs the more often they are done the more often they need doing......unless they are impacted then i would suggest getting a vet to empty them....

Atb Miss T x

You're right there Miss T -its the only smell thats ever made me gip- literally & worth paying the vet to clear them out-especially if they are impacted. Tend to notice by the constant licking & horrible fishy smell.

Other than that if its spreading it could be mange or an allergy

he smell

Atb Miss T x

You're right there Miss T -its the only smell thats ever made me gip- literally & worth paying the vet to clear them out-especially if they are impacted. Tend to notice by the constant licking & horrible fishy smell.

Lol....i do it at work...dont even smell them anymore.....if they're not impacted you could enquire at a groomers if they do them would be cheaper but if they are its safer for a vet to do them as they could rupture and cause more problems....

he smell

Atb Miss T x

Lol....i do it at work...dont even smell them anymore.....if they're not impacted you could enquire at a groomers if they do them would be cheaper but if they are its safer for a vet to do them as they could rupture and cause more problems....

How do you mean 'impacted'?? i have to clear is glands every once in a while when he scraps his bum once they are cleared hes line but theres still this rash thing knocking about. think i will go the vets as it has spread and seems abit irritating

cheers folks

sounds just like what my dog ad mate a mite comonly found on fox get to the vets befor it gets worse it cost me £200 to get dog sorted out n the vet said the dog as ad it for a long time

just get some benzyl benzoates from chemist cost around a fiver rub that all over that should clearit up

thats the best stuff normaly clears it up

hi i have just recently had this problem the fur on my dogs leg was comeing out for no reason. i had her up the vets and he was not sure what it was. so i had a look on the net and found out about all the things it could be. and i have found out that it was the food. i have just put her on different food and it has nearly all come back. just a suggestion. as some dogs are just funy things. all of my dogs where on the same food it was 2 of them it affected my other dog lost lots of wait but was eating just the same. all the dog are doing great now i have found the right balance.

ps i was giveing my bitch the best meet i could get plus a very good dry food with it. hope your dog gets better :yes:

he smell

Atb Miss T x

How do you mean 'impacted'?? i have to clear is glands every once in a while when he scraps his bum once they are cleared hes line but theres still this rash thing knocking about. think i will go the vets as it has spread and seems abit irritating

If they were impacted then the glands would feel rock solid and if you tried to empty them they would be really difficult to do so...and could cause discomfort to your dog.....

Hope he's ok...

Atb Miss T x

cheers folks

Sounds like mange, go to the vets and ask them for bottle of "pour-on" costs about £10 and just pour a small bit down along his spine and it kills off the infection completely. Keep him away from other dogs to mate if it is mange its highly contagious.

Sean