Working Russell's breeders in GB

Probably on next May/June, I will come in GB,first on South after on Midlands.... in my journey i'm interested to visit all the best JR breeders.

Who knows to say to me the name of the best known breeders and eventually the links of their kennels?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad pronunciation... :thumbdown:

WHY THE TOPIC CHANGES FORM? IS VERY BAD TO READ! PLEASE THE MODERATOR TO PUT IN ORIGINAL FORM,THANK YOU

Edited by Nino (Italy)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would start with bringing your attention to the absurd thing: if I can't have a good working dog than there is not much chance to have an own line. And "breeding" rubbish isn't fun at all. Neither i

Ok that one, his name is EE louie bred by Don Campbell runs back thru old Davy Jones lines, maybe Don will tell us a bit more about him, he is in my yard since December and is worth his weight in gold

Dave seem's to have done more than most to get working dogs into Europe. No standard no dog? but in a working dog surely it's the standard of work we should look to? the kennel club never set out to

Posted Images

Probably on next May/June, I will come in GB,first on South after on Midlands.... in my journey i'm interested to visit all the best JR breeders.

Who knows to say to me the name of the best known breeders and eventually the links of their kennels?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad pronunciation... :thumbdown:

Hi Nino,

My questions would be:

what do you consider the best? The one that breeds the most working dogs? The on that breeds few, but quality dogs? Big breeders? Those that besides working they sldo show their dogs with success?

I would visit:

Eddie and Jane Chapman (Foxwarren),

Mick Kemmish,

Don Campbell (East Essex),

Geoff Burnhill (Paxton),

Bob Clough (Pengelli),

Greg Mousley (Meynell),

Ken Gould and

Colin and Julie Bright (Foxcombevale).

There are sure more that are worth a nice visit, but are no more on my mind at the moment. ;)

I wish you a pleasant jurney and wait for the pics and great stories after you are back!

Ah! And if you can not have the bitch PJRT pup from your friend, just give me a call, I'll go to take her!! :D;)

All the best,

Anna

Edited by Panna
theres lots of decent folk breeding very good working russells.most of these are just decent lads who keep themselves to themselves.names dont make good dogs,only make them money.

Sorry, than I must have misunderstood something.

Everybody has a name. But this name gets known only after he prooves himself, or am I mistaken?

But I live about 1600 kms from there, so I only know the big names and nothing more about them except that they are big and old time breeders and/or terrierman. That would be really cool to know more about them and those that I haven't even heared about!

Best wishes,

Anna

Edited by Panna
big names big money just find a down to earth breeder of working russells

the duggans are a good line

yes and are great people aswell most of there pups free to friends and genuine folk

used one of there studs a while back never took any money

;) quality russells that mainly do a job :clapper:

i fully agree with these big names breed and have bred good dogs but there are alot of good working russells bred and worked by unknown terrier men.quite often in my experiance they can make a better dog!dont rush in a buy a big named bred russell they are not always the best.

Guest oldskool

I like his stuff, and have seen and dug to a fair few terriers of his breeding..... a good example of typical grafting russells in my opinion.

[/quote

has anyone got pics from the big names mentioned above??? just wondering do they have different working styles and do the lines differ much in appearance????

For me the "good" Jack Russell is the worker who is breeded pure,with no other terrier's blood,it can be the best...

p.s.: the puppy bitch was mine before that her mate was mated!!!!! :haha:

A working dog bred pure bred?? Show me a Russell which doesn't have ANY foreign blood, pls!

All the best,

Anna

Edited by Panna