Working Russell's breeders in GB

out of all the names mentioned in this thread i could pick 2 out that actually work their dogs to good standards now.

you will do well to find good working russells now mate, go visist these big names and hear about the good old days, try going grafting with any of them and their dogs of present day...... you would be shocked.

panna where did you get that list from?

which ones winkhound?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would start with bringing your attention to the absurd thing: if I can't have a good working dog than there is not much chance to have an own line. And "breeding" rubbish isn't fun at all. Neither i

Ok that one, his name is EE louie bred by Don Campbell runs back thru old Davy Jones lines, maybe Don will tell us a bit more about him, he is in my yard since December and is worth his weight in gold

Dave seem's to have done more than most to get working dogs into Europe. No standard no dog? but in a working dog surely it's the standard of work we should look to? the kennel club never set out to

Posted Images

out of all the names mentioned in this thread i could pick 2 out that actually work their dogs to good standards now.

you will do well to find good working russells now mate, go visist these big names and hear about the good old days, try going grafting with any of them and their dogs of present day...... you would be shocked.

which ones winkhound?

Which ever one you want him to be! :tongue2:

which ones winkhound?

Which ever one you want him to be! :tongue2:

:clapper::clapper::victory::tongue2:

smart fecker :clapper:

What do you mean I woudl be shocked? That they don't work their dogs anymore? No miracle...most of them are over 65. Or dod you mean to something else?

The list contains some names that are/were judging European PJRT shows of the orignal English standard.

Who are the 2 you mean to?

ATB,

Anna

Two i mentioned still work there dogs there mad at it

The list contains some names that are/were judging European PJRT shows of the orignal English standard

:notworthy::D

I would say it's funny...but it isn't. European "civilians" have no better chance to meet (ex)Terriermen than on specials. I do work my dogs, but have little to no chance to meet (ex) professional Terriermen, much less chance to meet those that only make their work quietly in their own town.

I live about 2300 kms from the GB - just for the record.

As for shows: I do only show my dogs under Terriermen, no KC shows. (My dogs are also not KC dogs.) It's about once or twice a year travelling 1000 kms (and back) to a show held in Germany.

I would be the happiest to have actual picture of the real Terriermen in the GB! Believe me!

ATB,

Anna

Winkhound, there is no need to slag off other breeders just to boost your own sales......we all know you have got plenty of puppys on and need a clear out so just say so and have a spring sale :thumbs:

Probably on next May/June, I will come in GB,first on South after on Midlands.... in my journey i'm interested to visit all the best JR breeders.

Who knows to say to me the name of the best known breeders and eventually the links of their kennels?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad pronunciation... :thumbdown:

Hi Nino,

My questions would be:

what do you consider the best? The one that breeds the most working dogs? The on that breeds few, but quality dogs? Big breeders? Those that besides working they sldo show their dogs with success?

I would visit:

Eddie and Jane Chapman (Foxwarren),

Mick Kemmish,

Don Campbell (East Essex),

Geoff Burnhill (Paxton),

Bob Clough (Pengelli),

Greg Mousley (Meynell),

Ken Gould and

Colin and Julie Bright (Foxcombevale).

There are sure more that are worth a nice visit, but are no more on my mind at the moment. ;)

I wish you a pleasant jurney and wait for the pics and great stories after you are back!

Ah! And if you can not have the bitch PJRT pup from your friend, just give me a call, I'll go to take her!! :D;)

All the best,

Anna

Eddie Chapman and Ken Gould havnt worked there stock for years.Just something to bare in mind and Greg Mousley sold all his stock in the C/W shortly after he retired as terrierman for the Meynell although i think his wife still shows.

out of all the names listed thrs only don campbell still grafting -- heres a few more big names for you steve parkin martin hulme kevin allen ted harris jane masserella lee ludlum (timber ) brian ludlum .. humpty dumpty . all big names - truth is your average back yard sunday messer as whr known - would`nt entertain you on his yard coz whr not in it for the money ..

:clapper: I have seen some of those names so -called working russels!!!

FFS they show a dog a fox in a 6 foot length of pipe above ground and then say its entered to fox!!!!!!

I learnt my lesson many years ago about buying dogs from the men who (funnily enough) always seem to have a litter or two on!! In short , they are peddlers of the highest order.....theres only one piece of advice i could give and thats avoid at all costs and leave that £250 where its best off, in your wallet!! :victory:

Winkhound, there is no need to slag off other breeders just to boost your own sales......we all know you have got plenty of puppys on and need a clear out so just say so and have a spring sale :thumbs:

Yes WILF...I agree....He told me he is now charging £400 a pup because they did so well last summer.

Winkhounds are the way forward, his dogs have exceptional prey-drive, a superb nose for finding and are as game as a breeze block....

He is the hardcore real deal......

Last time i spoke he told me he was down to his last 106 pups and so is thinking about having a closing down sale" where there were "Massive Reductions" and "Every pup must go"!!!! :clapper::clapper::tongue2:

Keep fighting the good fight guys..............JD :tongue2:

Well said JD, as you know his dogs are very hard and some of them have no faces!!

WILF..i think you are mistaken....he only breeds them now if they dont have a head. You have to put the collar on its waist and lead the dog backwards... He is the only man i know that has a kennel chock-full of 110% game russells with absolutely no head at all...

He is da man!

JD, which list do you refer to? Mine or Stig's?

Another question: Why do you all cry so much if a pup cost 200-250 quid? In Europe you will not get any pup under 700 Euros!! I would beg you to send me a promising pup from working parents and known anchestry in a reasonable price. ;)

ATB,

Anna

(I don't know why but i can't mp you....)

Hi Wink,

where are you from? Can u give me your adress and your phone please?

what's your name?

Have some pup for the period that i will be in GB?

thank you so much,i hope to meet you the next month!

Ciao, Nino.

JD, which list do you refer to? Mine or Stig's?

Another question: Why do you all cry so much if a pup cost 200-250 quid? In Europe you will not get any pup under 700 Euros!! I would beg you to send me a promising pup from working parents and known anchestry in a reasonable price. ;)

ATB,

Anna

Panna, theres a veritable chasm of difference between the show person and the working terrier man. Thats why working terrier men scoff at such high prices for such sub-standard, untested and unworked stock...

Yes, i know that some say that a person can be both but im not too sure of that in the vast majority of instances.

A true working terrier man won't breed for money and will not let pups go to anyone holding a handful of pound notes.

A true terrierman breeds for himself and his friends to pass on good working stock to further the bloodlines of grand working terriers. He, in turn, will recieve pups back. Money is never, ever mentioned.

All this is free of charge. Money has ruined lots of dogs, in fact, it is running rife in the terrier scene now, but there are still a good many boys that value their morals and terriers above something so transparent as money.

Now no one can tell me that the people spewing out litter after litter are not in it for the money.

Panna, just as an aside, the more money dogs sell for the more dogs will get pinched.

Just a few thoughts....but im not saying im correct, its just one mans opinion on something he feels strongly about....

good hunting to you....JD

Guest miller1989
big names big money just find a down to earth breeder of working russells

the duggans are a good line

This is one of Ralf Duggan's line my pals dog ( BROCK) cracking line and only go to people he knows and cheap keep his dogs close to home!

Apsalute cracking workers!

post-26147-1238160351_thumb.jpg