few rats last night

I had a couple of hours out with Half and Half last night to shoot rats and it turned out theres perhaps a couple more running around than we expected.

H and H was armed with night vision and quickly built up a good tally of rats ending with 34 if i remember right.

I forgot to fit the dimmer switch to the lamp and it spooked the rats a bit but i got half a dozen and a few ferals that the farmer wanted culling.

Id be investing in NV myself if i had this sort of shooting.As always with ratting you cant always get all the bodies back and id left my litter picker at a farm the previous night.The rats were dropping down the holes in the blockwork.

10032009113.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines a Schimitar,i have no idea what half and half was using but it looked good.maybe he will be on here tomorrow with details.

I was talking to a keeper at the weekend who said that even though the season for working the lurchers is nearly over theres plenty of air-rifle shooting that can be done all year.It should keep me busy and i can give the pop up hide some hammer and get the gwp some work.

yeah ratting is good sport with dogs or guns.its my favorite air-rifle quarry though i must admit i did like stalking rabbits through the reeds and tall grasses on the fells during the long late summer nights last year.

Half n halfs idea of heaven, a dark place full of rats :bad: nice result though fellas, :gunsmilie: enjoy your lazy summers air rifle shooting, me I'll be out learning the ropes with me pups, might fit just a couple of lazy evening and early mornings out with the guns like ;) Happy hunting you fellas (always is for youse) :):notworthy:

atb Rich

Edited by arcticgun

Rich ill be starting to go onto the dales and woodland shooting rabbits once the keeper stops me working the dogs in a few weeks time.Your more than welcome to pop up there with me and shoot a few things if you want.Its not that easy though,ive seen me walk up those banks and need a breather before i can hold the gun steady :D

stay in touch mate,we can keep busy through the summer months before we start again with dogs in august.

We went out tonight for a couple of hours.half and half got 16 i think might have been more and i half a dozen plus a few more of those easy ferals.As we all know rats will often start to eat their kin soon after youve shot them.Infact dead rats are a good bait.We had both shot rats that were dragged away as we moved to another area and when i went to fetch the ferals out of the cow shed rats were running around everywhere.Id shot five pigeons but could only find three two of which had rats chewing on them.Pretty disgusting stuff really.

15032009129.jpg

15032009128.jpg