few rats last night

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id forgotten to charge my battery after sundays session which had been followed by an hours ratting with the terriers.so tonight it didnt last long...................luckily for the farmer half and half made up for my incompetence.

17032009130.jpg

Rich ill be starting to go onto the dales and woodland shooting rabbits once the keeper stops me working the dogs in a few weeks time.Your more than welcome to pop up there with me and shoot a few things if you want.Its not that easy though,ive seen me walk up those banks and need a breather before i can hold the gun steady :D

stay in touch mate,we can keep busy through the summer months before we start again with dogs in august.

Cheers Pointer mate, I defo take you up on the invite shooting, and cannot wait to get out weith you with the dogs next season, just hope i can get my dogs up to speed with yours mate! Never seen half n half (or dracula as I call him, cos he loves dark places) as happy since youse started this heavy duty ratting, next thing he will be buying a theoben for the better shot count (awaiting your reaction to this comment H&H).

great work though fellas! atb Richard

ps, Pointer I hope that lamps on charge, you don't wanna be the one to stp dracula from getting his magic ton!

Edited by arcticgun

i dont think he needs me mate ;) ,if anything i think much more of this and ill be turning NV. :D

if theres food theres a posibility of rats,filth as in animal shit dosent really feed a big rat population but ill accept that manky farms often have rats but they also need food around.my best night time ratting with dogs has taken place in filthy conditions but my best shooting has been on cleaner places.due to cleaner conditions meaning less rubbish for rats to live in it forces rats to live in bale stacks and under the huge concrete floors and walls where they can easily avoid oncoming dogs.

rich your dogs will do just fine,see you soon mate.

i like the dracula bit,i hadnt thought of it :D but he does like being around rats in complete darkness. :D

we arent seeing as many which is understandable seeing as weve killed over a hundred.we did get more tonight than whats in the pic but couldnt get the bodies and a couple of feral pigeons dropped out of reach but it didnt feel safe walking across the old wobbly floor so i didnt retrieve them.still,another good session and whilst the numbers we shoot will start to drop its satisfying to know that we are doing a good job of the pest control for the farmer..........which is what we are there to do.

19032009131.jpg

it was a dirty place up in that loft with those ferrals. :clapper::clapper:

only three of the rats in the last pic are mine the rest are half and halfs.that either means i should be thinking about NV or im a shit shot. :D

probably both. :clapper::clapper: