bedlington whippets

Heres mine,this is Tes shes a 3/4beeddy 1/4whippet,very game for the size of her she stands 14 inches,she catches bolting rabbits for fun

S8000069.jpg

This is Ted hes a pup out of Tes,hes 19inches weighs 40plus poundhes 5/8th beddy 3/8 whippet,he can also catch bolting rabbitsthis pic was his first time out at 10month old

PICT0202.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

The one in the middle is Angel 7months old,shes another pup out of Tes,shes 5/8whippet 3/8 beddlington shes 16/17inches at the minute

S8000233.jpg

Couple more,i like this cross,i use mine for ferreting,bushing and general mooching,they are very intelligent and easy to train and there very hardy

PICT0328.jpg

PICT0350.jpg

PICT0582.jpg

more great looking dogs. Finding this type very appealing. What mix is the dog on the slip lead?

What are they like on the occaisional pre ban quarry? (in NI so still legal) Are they lacking due to size?

The dog on the slip is out of tes put to a halfxhalf(beedyxwhippet) so hes 5/8th bedlington 3/8whippet,his sire was 21inch headlike a bucket lol weighed about 55pound,Ted is just a smaller version

Dont no about anybody elses beddy x but mine love kids,i keep angel in the house you can tell by her name ive got kids,there trainability is real easy,alot just seems to come natural,never tried Ted on the lamp as ive a bigger lurcher for that,there mainly used for ferreting mooching and what ever else i throw at them,Teds brother lamps he also gets used as a digging dog he loves nothing more than getting stuck in at the sharp end hes also had a few hares in the day what hes hunted up and killed,ive took tes before and she took to it no problem,Theyve got plenty of speed they both can catch bolting rabbits no problem,when i take them out they dont need lifted if they cant get under or through they go over ive even seen ted jump a 5bar gate chasing a rabbit

the 3/4 beddys availability i wouldnt no realy you probobly better having a shop about

Im thinking of putting Ted over my greyhound who up into 6weeks ago was winning races but injured her knee so i dont think shell run again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BO0hoaXVik...re=channel_page

Will be a while before I get another lurcher, but unless something wheatenX is available when I do. Then it will be something like these dogs. Sounds about perfect for what I would eventually want. Really like the first cross.

also like the 3/4 beddy 1/4 whippet

more info would be great

good with kids ?? how it fairs on the lamp ??? trainability ??

are these 3/4 beddys hard to get hold of ???

no bad on the lamp and good with kids,my daughters 2 past december and he doesnt bat an eyelid with her tormenting him all the time,but im always wary as you never know ;) but yeah good little cross in my opinion

post-10690-1236634036_thumb.jpg

post-10690-1236634055_thumb.jpg

stopped having my lot in when we had the nipper, but she discovered the dogs in the yard now. They all seem calm with her. Cant wait till she old enough to come out with the dogs and me, bit to go though she not even 18 months

this is my first cross she is very intelligent and trainable. just a bit slower over distance than my other whippets but she can turn on a penny and get there as quick. Has an outstanding nose and can rat as good if not better than any other terrier. dont mind getting bit and game as owt, but true to being a female she can be as moody as F&$k!post-6580-1236552508_thumb.jpg

Ted's mum :thumbs:

Dug this one out for you Pat he always did like posing for the camera!

post-6580-1236636740.jpg

this is my first cross she is very intelligent and trainable. just a bit slower over distance than my other whippets but she can turn on a penny and get there as quick. Has an outstanding nose and can rat as good if not better than any other terrier. dont mind getting bit and game as owt, but true to being a female she can be as moody as F&$k!post-6580-1236552508_thumb.jpg

She is 19" tts and 27lb soft as sh@t but will turn it on when in the field. I keep her in kennels so can't comment on what they are like round the house/ kids. They seem to be a real kind nature probably too affectionate at times! so should be fine.

post-6580-1236637368_thumb.jpg