bedlington whippets

Was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the bedlington whippet crosses. I know they are great rabbit dogs but what mixes bring what to the table? 1st cross or 3/4 or reverse 3/4? Is the reverse still quick enough, is the 1st cross harder mouthed etc.

What experiences have people had, and maybe pictures of different mixes if you have them?

Was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the bedlington whippet crosses. I know they are great rabbit dogs but what mixes bring what to the table? 1st cross or 3/4 or reverse 3/4? Is the reverse still quick enough, is the 1st cross harder mouthed etc.

What experiences have people had, and maybe pictures of different mixes if you have them?

I YHINK THEY ARE GOOD FERTTING DOGS AND I LIKE FIRST CROSS

Meant to say too, about coat types and bulkiness etc trainability.

Is the first cross quick enough, and what sort of sizes would it reach. Like the look of some first crosses I have seen. Prefer a rough or broken coated dog too.

this is my first cross she is very intelligent and trainable. just a bit slower over distance than my other whippets but she can turn on a penny and get there as quick. Has an outstanding nose and can rat as good if not better than any other terrier. dont mind getting bit and game as owt, but true to being a female she can be as moody as F&$k!post-6580-1236552508_thumb.jpg

Guest Magwitch
this is my first cross she is very intelligent and trainable. just a bit slower over distance than my other whippets but she can turn on a penny and get there as quick. Has an outstanding nose and can rat as good if not better than any other terrier. dont mind getting bit and game as owt, but true to being a female she can be as moody as F&$k!post-6580-1236552508_thumb.jpg

Ted's mum :thumbs:

1 of the most fastest rabbiting dogs youll ever see my mate had 1 called fern it could not be touched she was tiny he youst to lamp her like spit the dog funny as f**k but what a dog :thumbs:

1 of the most fastest rabbiting dogs youll ever see my mate had 1 called fern it could not be touched she was tiny he youst to lamp her like spit the dog funny as f**k but what a dog :thumbs:

How are ya Penda, I really am interested in this type. You'll have to tell me more about this dog you're on about when I see you later. Allround got rid of his one yesterday :( , It's a shame because I think she'd of been a good bitch if he had the time for her, as you seen yourself she had some speed to her.

I'd of had her myself, but I've got my eyes on a pup out of a certain (hopeful) mating later in the year ;) hehehe.

PS. See you tonight anyhow mate :thumbs: .

How are ya Penda, I really am interested in this type. You'll have to tell me more about this dog you're on about when I see you later. Allround got rid of his one yesterday :( , It's a shame because I think she'd of been a good bitch if he had the time for her, as you seen yourself she had some speed to her.

I'd of had her myself, but I've got my eyes on a pup out of a certain (hopeful) mating later in the year ;) hehehe.

I here yah mate, that (lady) was bred out of good stock bit of a shame really id of had her giving full potential by now lets hope her nwe owner gives it her :thumbs:

I here yah mate, that (lady) was bred out of good stock bit of a shame really id of had her giving full potential by now lets hope her nwe owner gives it her :thumbs:

I hope so as well, Allround has said that he's got the blokes e-mail addy and that he's going to keep in touch to see how shes getting on.

Best of luck to the new owner and that bitch I say Hopefully she'll learn quick and stick to it for him.

I hope so as well, Allround has said that he's got the blokes e-mail addy and that he's going to keep in touch to see how shes getting on.

Best of luck to the new owner and that bitch I say Hopefully she'll learn quick and stick to it for him.

I hope so to mate lets see what allrounder can do with his new pups wap wap!!!! :laugh:

Heres mine,this is Tes shes a 3/4beeddy 1/4whippet,very game for the size of her she stands 14 inches,she catches bolting rabbits for fun

S8000069.jpg

This is Ted hes a pup out of Tes,hes 19inches weighs 40plus poundhes 5/8th beddy 3/8 whippet,he can also catch bolting rabbitsthis pic was his first time out at 10month old

PICT0202.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

The one in the middle is Angel 7months old,shes another pup out of Tes,shes 5/8whippet 3/8 beddlington shes 16/17inches at the minute

S8000233.jpg

Couple more,i like this cross,i use mine for ferreting,bushing and general mooching,they are very intelligent and easy to train and there very hardy

PICT0328.jpg

PICT0350.jpg

PICT0582.jpg

Edited by pack of dogs