is a a year old 2 old for a dog? ?

Orate i have 2 bull greyhound whippet bitches and they were a year old just in nov 08 i woz wundrin if they would still hunt at that age [bANNED TEXT] they avent been out at all since they were born nd bull crosses seem to be ignorent :/

and how would i start runnin her like on lamp and durin day ? rb please coz i need help lmao

can i just ask why they aint been out , are they stock broke ?? the only way to start them is take them out on the lamp and let them run one , then you take it from there, but you might find if they miss they may not come back for a while they will be still trying to find the rabbit they missed, with mine if they dont catch; as soon as the lamp is off they know to come back ready for the next run. not all bullx's are ignorant .

this asint to late i dont think mate ...why dont u try retreeving a ball on the lamp just to get them intrested in the lamp..then catch them a live bunny n put them on a good open feild n see what hapens

persanly i dont think there to old 2 train up yet

and just go from htere time will be evrything with them thoe in my opionion

there not to old yet they maybe should have been stock broken before now so it will take you to watch where you run them incase they bump into livestock while they are off the lead all the best with them anyway :D

Guest jt750

IMO i think its the ideal time to start them off working. I'm not one of these people who run a dog early and believe if you do you ruin a dog. Start by walking around stock and watch for any adverse reaction and check it immediately so they know its not for them. Every dog is different and some aren't ready for work until they are 2 years old.