setting a few wires today

well today saw us away settig newly spun snares out along some fences where the rabbits are travelling from the wood edge into the fields to feed these snares were spun last night and were catching after being set for less than a few hours.

once again this has proved that new snares allthough more visable to two legged moochers do not deter rabbits a few picture from today after we had finished setting i went back along the line to check and manged a few 23 in total and the snares are still down for tomorrow :clapper:

DSCF1392-1.jpg

a quick check along the first fence produced these five nice big rabbits

DSCF1410.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

DSCF1409.jpg

there were some really big rabbits in excess of five lbs in weight :victory:

DSCF1394.jpg

DSCF1397.jpg

two only a couple of feet apart :clapper:

DSCF1408.jpg

DSCF1403.jpg

DSCF1400.jpg

DSCF1401-1.jpg

DSCF1415.jpg

the final count was twenty three rabbits and the wires are still down ready for tomorrow

not bad for shiney new snares ;)

how many snares were set up?
lovely big clean rabbits colin, well at themselves , nice bloom on their fur and nice clear eyes. do you want me to order a bus for the kill tomorrow morning , not a bullsh#t snare in sight, oops imean bullseye. could you really imagine trying to catch big winter rabbits like this , in tiny nooses set low to the ground , hope all you experts in all these field sports organisations , are looking at this , and hanging your heads in shame, at the new best practice heights of 3 inches high and silly 4 inch nooses .

We might of had a lot more if some little sh1t did not steal the snares we put out.

To be honest the farm has a few visitors trying to catch Rabbits.

These Rabbits get shot at with dogs and 12 bores, air rifles from a load, lamped and 22ed,

ran with dogs day and night ( the list goes on ).........

So these are hard rabbits and spooked to death, lamp goes on, rabbits run off, gate gets opened, rabbits run off and so on.

Well after we set them yesterday a lad decided to have a drive around in his land rover and shoot a 1 or 2 and so happened to notice

Rabbits just sitting there."In our wires"

So this lad lamping from his vehicle decided to collect them and I mean a good few as well, but he also helped himself to the snares as well.

Colin lost about 25 - 30 peg wires and I would say 100 fence snares.

But Inspector Woodga began a mission as we were pretty sick by this time.

We were told that the lad drove a green Discovery by 1 neighbor that lives in a cottage.

Then the farmer who by the way did not know he was on told us the village he lived in and that the motor had a winch on the front.

So we drove to the village and Collin popped in the local co-op and low and behold from the description we had Colin obtained his knick name and address.

So we went to see him.

Colin said in a nice way spoken in queens English that he was not happy and he stole the snares and he was not to go back on.

( Like fook he did...he blasted the kid with verbal abuse and got him told what was going to happen )

Well the kid sh1t himself and returned to the farm to be told in our presence that he was never to return.

As woodga was having another go at him and made it quite clear that he was a liar and a thief.

The lad was adamant he shot 16 Rabbits and never stole a thing, I told him that it is impossible to shoot 16 on the farm as its one of those farms where they have clocking in cards on the gates due to the ammount of people that go and the only way to get these Rabbits in numbers is the wires.

So we ended up with 44 and lost that many again to the Thief Lamper.

I think woodga has some pics from today to post and I have a canny bit vid footage that has some really funny bits in it.

I will give woodga a few DVD's once I take it off the camera incase the lads want to view the day out.

Regards Steve

We might of had a lot more if some little sh1t did not steal the snares we put out.

To be honest the farm has a few visitors trying to catch Rabbits.

These Rabbits get shot at with dogs and 12 bores, air rifles from a load, lamped and 22ed,

ran with dogs day and night ( the list goes on ).........

So these are hard rabbits and spooked to death, lamp goes on, rabbits run off, gate gets opened, rabbits run off and so on.

Well after we set them yesterday a lad decided to have a drive around in his land rover and shoot a 1 or 2 and so happened to notice

Rabbits just sitting there."In our wires"

So this lad lamping from his vehicle decided to collect them and I mean a good few as well, but he also helped himself to the snares as well.

Colin lost about 25 - 30 peg wires and I would say 100 fence snares.

But Inspector Woodga began a mission as we were pretty sick by this time.

We were told that the lad drove a green Discovery by 1 neighbor that lives in a cottage.

Then the farmer who by the way did not know he was on told us the village he lived in and that the motor had a winch on the front.

So we drove to the village and Collin popped in the local co-op and low and behold from the description we had Colin obtained his knick name and address.

So we went to see him.

Colin said in a nice way spoken in queens English that he was not happy and he stole the snares and he was not to go back on.

( Like fook he did...he blasted the kid with verbal abuse and got him told what was going to happen )

Well the kid sh1t himself and returned to the farm to be told in our presence that he was never to return.

As woodga was having another go at him and made it quite clear that he was a liar and a thief.

The lad was adamant he shot 16 Rabbits and never stole a thing, I told him that it is impossible to shoot 16 on the farm as its one of those farms where they have clocking in cards on the gates due to the ammount of people that go and the only way to get these Rabbits in numbers is the wires.

So we ended up with 44 and lost that many again to the Thief Lamper.

I think woodga has some pics from today to post and I have a canny bit vid footage that has some really funny bits in it.

I will give woodga a few DVD's once I take it off the camera incase the lads want to view the day out.

Regards Steve

i bet the lad just didn,t want to see anymore rabbits snared around the guts and therefore took the snares and rabbits so woodga didn,t put up anymore embarrasing pictures :D

how many snares were set up?
lovely big clean rabbits colin, well at themselves , nice bloom on their fur and nice clear eyes. do you want me to order a bus for the kill tomorrow morning , not a bullsh#t snare in sight, oops imean bullseye. could you really imagine trying to catch big winter rabbits like this , in tiny nooses set low to the ground , hope all you experts in all these field sports organisations , are looking at this , and hanging your heads in shame, at the new best practice heights of 3 inches high and silly 4 inch nooses .

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

The sample whoops you sent me to try caught the same day I got them, are you posting tomorrow mornings bag?

i bet the lad just didn,t want to see anymore rabbits snared around the guts and therefore took the snares and rabbits so woodga didn,t put up anymore embarrasing pictures :D

he didn't put any pics up because he forgot to get the rabbits out of the freezer last night :whistling::laugh: .

Nice going lads shame about the numpty.

That place looks familer :hmm:. is it near the POW camp?

Nice going lads shame about the numpty.

That place looks familer :hmm:. is it near the POW camp?

Yea it is MR TEA POT,

I heard you on the phone to Colin today so you already know the tale....lol

Have you go a clocking in card as well ? :(

If you have you will know that them rabbits can run and run and run and not stop.

And I am sure you will know that shooting 16 this time of your is a nice thought but it will not happen.

But the wires will still take 60 to 100 IF THEY ARE LEFT ALONE.

On this land where the rabbits are persecuted on this level and the wires can still produce numbers like what

we can get just shows the effectiveness of wires.

If the Rabbits are there and if they are spooky or not these wires will get them in the bag for you.

Steve

well after the first fence line had been cleared of rabbits and snares we noticed some 4x4 tracks in the soft grass that had not been there the day before i was sure i knew who the culprit was and after another fence was cleared along with 30 peg snares we went to another location on the same farm and managed to collect another 22rabbits in snares which had not been found .any way a quick word with the farmer and i had the village and make of vehicle he was using and a first name :) after a short ride we arrived in the village and i located his home and let him know the score :boxing: i also told him he was not allowed back onto the land so he lost out at least now i know where to find him ;) any way here is the field he robbed the snares and rabbits from

DSCF1417.jpg

DSCF1416.jpg

he had driven all over this field taking all the wires :angry:

DSCF1418.jpg

DSCF1421.jpg

DSCF1420.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg

DSCF1419.jpg

a few the thief did not find :)

DSCF1424.jpg

22 rabbits making the total 44 all together