FAC advice

ok, ive had a change of plan, which in my opinion is for the best. Im going to join a club, i think it will give me better training in the long run than being self taught, and will show to the FLO when i do apply that im sensible, have the safety and shooting background behind me.

I know its going to be another 6 months wait, but thats 6 months of gaining advice and picking up good shooting skills (and it keeps me busy on a couple of nights a week).

Agree?

This can certainly do no harm, but club target work has little or nothing to do with walking around the countryside shooting vermin!!

If you have the land and the reason then you do not need any club target shooting background!! :thumbs:

Hmmmm its catch 22, i suppose i should be optimistic and go for it now, but if they reject it, means i then have to spend another £50 6moths later by going through a club.

what do you sugest go for it now or wait? (i intend to do some target shooting anyways but not as much as feild targets)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, ive had a change of plan, which in my opinion is for the best. Im going to join a club, i think it will give me better training in the long run than being self taught, and will show to the FLO when i do apply that im sensible, have the safety and shooting background behind me.

I know its going to be another 6 months wait, but thats 6 months of gaining advice and picking up good shooting skills (and it keeps me busy on a couple of nights a week).

Agree?

This can certainly do no harm, but club target work has little or nothing to do with walking around the countryside shooting vermin!!

If you have the land and the reason then you do not need any club target shooting background!! :thumbs:

totally agree, and can cloud the issue when you drop out of the club to take up your hunting preference.

If you get refused a co-terminous certificate then both forms will be returned and you will have to pay the separate fees.

So if you get refused, all monies are returned ;)

Ah that sounds better, i thought maybe they would accept the shotgun and decline the section 1, then id have to apply again later and have 2 different dates.

can i get "police approved gun clubs" added to the fac? so that if i do wish to join a club i can? and if so where do i put it.

sorry for being so undecicive i just want to maximise my chances of being granted.

thanks for taking time out to help me too, it much appriciated.

Chap...I am getting confused..apparently you have the land, you have the permission..so not trying to be funny, what is going to get refused and why do you think that might happen?? :hmm::hmm:

i just think my lack of experience with any explosive based gun, be it shotgun or rimfire, will go against me. I think im just bein pesimistic rearly.

• 3 weeks later...

25 years ago, a FAC holder, told me I'd never get a FAC on my land! I since have, with no problem. Some people like to tell you that stuff to make themselves fell and look important. Sadly, 25 years on, the old memory has failed me as to who it was!

25 years ago, a FAC holder, told me I'd never get a FAC on my land! I since have, with no problem. Some people like to tell you that stuff to make themselves fell and look important. Sadly, 25 years on, the old memory has failed me as to who it was!

Never truer words spoken.

Oh how I wish the doom and gloom merchants would hold their tongue.

You are exactly the right sort of chap to have a fac and the police will see this. Despite what some may have you believe, as long as one is not a real scallywag, there is nothing to stop anyone from having a fac providing they can demonstrate good reason. You provide the good reason they give.............end of story.

You have made the right decision.............enjoy your rifle and safe shooting.

Charlie

Never truer words spoken.

Oh how I wish the doom and gloom merchants would hold their tongue.

You are exactly the right sort of chap to have a fac and the police will see this. Despite what some may have you believe, as long as one is not a real scallywag, there is nothing to stop anyone from having a fac providing they can demonstrate good reason. You provide the good reason they give.............end of story.

You have made the right decision.............enjoy your rifle and safe shooting.

Charlie

CharlieT is dead right, just wait for it to thump on the carpet.......Enjoy.