best lurcher allrounder

Each to their own i say,ive never owned this cross but if i had to pick a excellent allrounder it would be

Saluki/Bull/Grey

Quarry:Deer,Fox,Hare,rabbit etc :whistling:

What more could you possibly ask for?

Maybe the odd salmon........

seen that done too mate a boy yoused to take his big salukix down

to the dam when a fish hit the dam big dog straight out and lifted it

bailiff banned the boy and the dog from the dam dont know whether theres a law

against it as he was never prosecuted :victory:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to their own i say,ive never owned this cross but if i had to pick a excellent allrounder it would be

Saluki/Bull/Grey

Quarry:Deer,Fox,Hare,rabbit etc :whistling:

What more could you possibly ask for?

Maybe the odd salmon........

seen that done too mate a boy yoused to take his big salukix down

to the dam when a fish hit the dam big dog straight out and lifted it

bailiff banned the boy and the dog from the dam dont know whether theres a law

against it as he was never prosecuted :victory:

fennman was right saying bull cross dogs arent allrounders because their not im saying my whippet greyhound will excell against a bull cross on rabbit and hare as for deer he has pulled more down than i can remember fox he has had plenty they have also had him but he has a habit of finding them and wont back down thats an allrounder to me

in my opion it would have to be irish terrier, bull , greyhound i have seen a few of these crosses and i currently own one and i think they make a good al rounder plenty of brains and a heart like a lion

have you any pics of ya dog bud

i have mate once i work out how to upload them i will my friend bred the litter there is a bit more bull than irish terrier but you wouldnt have thought it to see the pups once they grew up mine looks like a bull cross while one of the litter looks like a first cross irish terrier, touch wood though my pup seems to have the makings of a decent lurcher i hunt with a small pack of hounds i work with terriers and i lamp and the pup is proving to be usefull he is only 18mths but he took his first charlie single handed at 15mths and hasent looked back next year should be the making of him
deerhound x greyhound best all rounder dont no where people are getting bull xs for best ALL rounders

bull greyhound takes more punisment than anyother breed a must for an allrounder some of the best ive seen have been deerhond bull greyhound!!! no contest with the right bull breeding whatever the mix the bull outshines everything!!!

ok mate, when i see bullxs doing january hares and not kick ups ill join the bull clan too, and punishment? years ago wheatons and full bull breeds was used as drawing dogs not lurchers, there bred for running! its like watching paint dry watching bullxs run, there slugs, im not gonna lie i have a half bred bull x and hes bred out of really good stuff but he wont be an ALL rounder not saying i hate them, there just not all rounders

There aint a lot other than saluki greyhounds that can do january hares run fairly...and in one respect youre right about em being a bit slow...however you can breed em with enough longdog to suit the speed side of things... my small bitch does have trouble with lactic build up... so i know they have disadvantages....however were talking allrounders...dogs capable of the hunting job as a whole... there aint many whippet greyhounds exeling in everything... certainly the bull greyhound has my vote...

deerhound x greyhound best all rounder dont no where people are getting bull xs for best ALL rounders

bull greyhound takes more punisment than anyother breed a must for an allrounder some of the best ive seen have been deerhond bull greyhound!!! no contest with the right bull breeding whatever the mix the bull outshines everything!!!

ok mate, when i see bullxs doing january hares and not kick ups ill join the bull clan too, and punishment? years ago wheatons and full bull breeds was used as drawing dogs not lurchers, there bred for running! its like watching paint dry watching bullxs run, there slugs, im not gonna lie i have a half bred bull x and hes bred out of really good stuff but he wont be an ALL rounder not saying i hate them, there just not all rounders

There aint a lot other than saluki greyhounds that can do january hares run fairly...and in one respect youre right about em being a bit slow...however you can breed em with enough longdog to suit the speed side of things... my small bitch does have trouble with lactic build up... so i know they have disadvantages....however were talking allrounders...dogs capable of the hunting job as a whole... there aint many whippet greyhounds exeling in everything... certainly the bull greyhound has my vote...

Collie, bull, grey she stands 27tts. Fox, rabbits, hares, deer, what else can she do? If you have a whippet, grey doin this i bet you get no more than a couple seasons most are prone to injurys. . FACT!!

post-19424-1234128004_thumb.jpg

post-19424-1234128055.jpg

Guest little lurcher

im curious as to why you cant get more than 2 seasons from a whippet grey? with correct animal husbandry and basic savvy i cant see why you cant , id really like to hear your facts

im curious as to why you cant get more than 2 seasons from a whippet grey? with correct animal husbandry and basic savvy i cant see why you cant , id really like to hear your facts

[/quMaybe i was abit hasty with the couple of seasons, but anyone who works lurchers hard no for a fact a whippet grey suffer from poor feet an there injury prone. . An its a strong statement to say they make the best allrounders. .

Guest AngelicAcid

IF so then Why BREED XXXSSSSS Of this that and TOther There is a few Educated people on here who know a lot better than me, BULLXs DO DO THE JOB BUT WHAT CAN DO IT BETTER :doh: Lurchersc took GAME and i mean ALL GAME PRE LIKE A DEERGREY ETC WHY WHY COMPLAIN :D

Guest little lurcher
i have a whippet cross greyhound he is 6 years old now in thoseyears ive had him he has took all quarry day and night still going strong still as keen as mustard no illness no lay offs excellent feet and nose hunts up all his quarry in my opinion just amazing dogs :big_boss::big_boss:

no exactly what you mean , only takes a bit of basic care to keep the feet right too , ;)