shooting foxes with shotguns

Out of interest how many foxes have you shot with the SG's?

two :icon_redface:

Whilst SG is a devastating cartridge the only use I can think of for it is blowing hinges off doors at point blank range!!! :gunsmilie::notworthy::notworthy:

Point it at anything live more than about 15-20 feet away and the odds are you will probably miss! :o:o:(

I have never been in a position where I thought SG was the cartridge of choice, and to be honest I don't know why I bother to carry around 3 in the belt, but each bit of land is different and each shot is different so who knows!!! :thumbs::thumbs: Others may find more uses for it than me!! :thumbs:

i though SG meant shotgun although the foxes i shot off the back of a truck were fives :notworthy:

Whilst SG is a devastating cartridge the only use I can think of for it is blowing hinges off doors at point blank range!!! :gunsmilie::notworthy::notworthy:

Point it at anything live more than about 15-20 feet away and the odds are you will probably miss! :o:o:(

I have never been in a position where I thought SG was the cartridge of choice, and to be honest I don't know why I bother to carry around 3 in the belt, but each bit of land is different and each shot is different so who knows!!! :thumbs::thumbs: Others may find more uses for it than me!! :thumbs:

i though SG meant shotgun although the foxes i shot off the back of a truck were fives :notworthy:

BB, AAA, SSG, SG etc are all types of cartridge...and SG contains lumps of lead 8.2 or 8.4mm diameter, can't remember for sure now, usually only 8 or 9 lumps in a single cartridge!! :thumbs:

BB, AAA, SSG, SG etc are all types of cartridge...and SG contains lumps of lead 8.2 or 8.4mm diameter, can't remember for sure now, usually only 8 or 9 lumps in a single cartridge!! :thumbs:

is it a wild boar cartridge ?

Edited by ferret boy charlie

is it a wild boar cartridge ?

Only if it was very close, you would be better with a Slug on Boar, Or a .308 or above!! Total energy in a conventional SG is normally around 1960ft lb so it is very powerful. Frankly I think the main use is Military or Police..it is a VERY close range cartridge but devastating!

Edited by Deker

S.G stands for Small Game :yes:

If it's a true S.G it contains 8.4mm pellets.

I think in 36gr that means 9 of them :laugh:

I stopped one in Season with a single dose of No.7's, he was only 5 yards away though, decided it was a good idea to escape down a hedgerow, as he came around the corner, guess who was there :D Deed as a doornail.

none yet ive only had them about 2 weeks :icon_redface:

Don't worry .Take em back and change em for a box of BBs if you can . They're the sort of thing that were used on big game at close ranges or by check-point gaurds and such to whack into speeding cars to wreck the engine and /or the driver ! We all live and learn .That's what this sort of forum is here for .Good luck .

none yet ive only had them about 2 weeks :icon_redface:

Don't worry .Take em back and change em for a box of BBs if you can . They're the sort of thing that were used on big game at close ranges or by check-point gaurds and such to whack into speeding cars to wreck the engine and /or the driver ! We all live and learn .That's what this sort of forum is here for .Good luck .

:clapper: :clapper: Checkpoint Charlie cartridges :laugh:

I'd recommend the above too :yep: BB's or at a push AAA :yep: