I have been looking at a few books online regarding training and not sure if whats on offer is the right thing to go for, mainly the same few books and authors.

Im looking for a good comprehensive guide and thought that before spending my hard earned dosh I would ask if any one on here could make a recommendation.

Im picking up my pup in a few weeks from a fella off here, cracking pup, its a whippet/beddie mainly whippet (my first working dog) and I will be targeting rabbits mainly.

I have no worries teaching basic commands and recall but was looking for a book that is hunting specific and covers info on quarry to, happy to buy more than one book to get the info I need, Im a bit obsessive when it comes to research so all recommendations welcome.

Cheers.

Guest oldskool

purdey progress is a good video although his method of training a pup to lamp rabbits might not suit everyone...

as for books i'd recommend 'the new complete lurcher' by b. plummer.... plenty of fool stories to keep ye entertained along with very good advice on training and entering a pup to quarry etc... its quite a substantial size of a book too and its about £19...

you could probably get them both on ebay...

heres the book i'm on about http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-new-complete-lur...A1%7C240%3A1318

purdey progress is a good video although his method of training a pup to lamp rabbits might not suit everyone...

as for books i'd recommend 'the new complete lurcher' by b. plummer.... plenty of fool stories to keep ye entertained along with very good advice on training and entering a pup to quarry etc... its quite a substantial size of a book too and its about £19...

you could probably get them both on ebay...

heres the book i'm on about http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-new-complete-lur...A1%7C240%3A1318

Nice one oldskool :thumbs: