a good finding dog

ON SOME OCCASSIONS this maybe ok, but if you have more than one terrier with you,you dont want any more than one getting into an earth. also we have to respect the fact that we are hunting mostly on other peoples land,and young dogs etc can worry sheep and other livestock .I personally prefer dogs on leads until needed,unless i,m sure theres no harm they can cause.Why take the chance? and ruin your permission and maybe frindship with the farmer
well said transit i agree 100% with you and does of us that lead our dogs to the earth only let one dog go i wonder how many dogs at one time sounder lets in now thats not what i call huntin

so when you go out kevin ,your dogs follow you around on leads and you lead em up to the set ,so really your doin the hunting.my dogs find for themselfs ,thats why their hunting dogs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we are out on our own digging i sometimes in small covers let a terrier with a loctor off to hunt the cover but i never let two or more earthdogs off together dont want them to all go to ground.on most sundays i go out with a local mans pack of about 10 beaglexrussels x springers and i keep my terriers on the lead untill one gose to ground.and one or two of the luchers do hunt the cover with the beating dogs.

i like terrierman,you get the best of both worlds and its safe.

we hunt with one digging terrier off the lead with the cover dogs one dog one hole ,what happens when fooking 2 or three terriers go aground together .Il tell ye what happens the front dog gets hammered and the second dog gets his arse and legs ate off him by the third bloody dog so thats why we walk up to earths with the terriers on leads

[/quote what breed are the cover dogs?

well for me the lurcher finds the (new earths) then the terrier comes off the lead and finds under ground . in my eyes thats a good finding dog :D

what if you want to get a coarse for your lurcher stephen? would you not have your terriers lose to flush out something?not being cheeky now, just asking.

dont your lurcher work the cover? then when its got the sent in its nose thay wont stop at anything never mind a bush

a good lurcher stays out,listens to the terriers and waits for the break,and if hes good he'l be in the right place.thats why they bred the colliexgreyhound,speed of the greyhound, brain of the collie.

Well sounder, my colliex is my best bushing dog out of 4. Ask anyone who has been out with me on here. He will find and remove anything hiden in the deepest growth..

well for me the lurcher finds the (new earths) then the terrier comes off the lead and finds under ground . in my eyes thats a good finding dog :D

what if you want to get a coarse for your lurcher stephen? would you not have your terriers lose to flush out something?not being cheeky now, just asking.

dont your lurcher work the cover? then when its got the sent in its nose thay wont stop at anything never mind a bush

a good lurcher stays out,listens to the terriers and waits for the break,and if hes good he'l be in the right place.thats why they bred the colliexgreyhound,speed of the greyhound, brain of the collie.

is he a collie greyhound r f y l ?

:blink:

You say dogs ,so do you double up ?

And for me the definition of a good finding dog is done below ground

we go out with a pack of terriers and a lurchers and they all work well together,i know where your coming from,you dont want all your dogs in at the one time,maybe im old school .when i go out anyway im not goin after the one thing.and as for the definition of a good finding dog? im on about nose. any dog can find if hes brought up on a lead.and a pup should be trained to livestock first day if hes on a lead or not.

ANY DOG CAN FIND??

YOUR'E FULL OF SHIT!

go on now and take your finger out of jimbs hole ,ya langer

we hunt with one digging terrier off the lead with the cover dogs one dog one hole ,what happens when fooking 2 or three terriers go aground together .Il tell ye what happens the front dog gets hammered and the second dog gets his arse and legs ate off him by the third bloody dog so thats why we walk up to earths with the terriers on leads

[/quote what breed are the cover dogs?

springerxterriers and beaglexterriers

He's a beddy x beared collie greyhound sounder

i dont doubt ya r f y l,the way hes bred it dosent suprise me he is a good beating dog.has he got much speed?i wouldnt want my lurcher in the cover beating with terriers,that defeats the purpose of even having a lurcher if you ask me,still im not saying your dog is wrong to be beating ,if thats what hes good at let him hunt away,and dont get me wrong ,id want my lurcher to follow game into the cover on a coarse.

He's a beddy x beared collie greyhound sounder

:blink:

You say dogs ,so do you double up ?

And for me the definition of a good finding dog is done below ground

we go out with a pack of terriers and a lurchers and they all work well together,i know where your coming from,you dont want all your dogs in at the one time,maybe im old school .when i go out anyway im not goin after the one thing.and as for the definition of a good finding dog? im on about nose. any dog can find if hes brought up on a lead.and a pup should be trained to livestock first day if hes on a lead or not.

You are saying that any dog can find ? what are you on about here rabbits ?

yeah,im on about rabbits! what do ya think im on about? i can find rabbits myself for shits sake

What a clown :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Think before ya open ya mouth.

Edited by Irish Lurcher