Lamping the paddy fields

Me & Woodga had a look out last night with his trusty hounds , I was running Flyte and Woodga was running Typp.

When we arrived it was dark and a bitter wind blowing so off we set in anticipation .But we soon realised that the ground was so wet it was like being in the paddy fields and I think a lot of rabbits would have been keeping their feet dry.

Anyway the rabbits we did run were very sporting , jinking all over the place but the dogs pulled off some great catches.

We ended the night on 21 hard earned rabbits !! :D

21rabbits.jpg

A brilliant result considering the conditions. I waded through mud, shit and floods for 3 hours on Wed night all for a single straight run.

I slipped on a half submerged telegraph pole and as I tried to stay upright, my wellies sunk into the mud. the dog got spooked and pulled and I banged my head on the pole and the lamp handle dug in and bruised my chest when I fell on it.

Still I couldn't f'ing learn and kept going, soaked and miserable for another 2 hours to see nothing!!!!

Good on you for keeping at it.

Dave

DSCF0335-1.jpg

what a night the fields are holding that much surface water that every step was a knacker soaker :o the dogs were run on some good long slips.

the rabbits were giving a good account with some good jinking and bending just as the dog was striking giving a good accout of themselves and more than once getting praise from us for there effort but they all were picked in the end with some good tumbling catches we ended the night with 21 rabbitsand an early night for us but at least the dogs had some sport :thumbs:

Me & Woodga had a look out last night with his trusty hounds , I was running Flyte and Woodga was running Typp.

When we arrived it was dark and a bitter wind blowing so off we set in anticipation .But we soon realised that the ground was so wet it was like being in the paddy fields and I think a lot of rabbits would have been keeping their feet dry.

Anyway the rabbits we did run were very sporting , jinking all over the place but the dogs pulled off some great catches.

We ended the night on 21 hard earned rabbits !! :D

21rabbits.jpg

nice haul mate keep at it

atb anythingoes