Cuileog!

Hi,is there anyone breeding tightly along these lines still?I know the man billy Rickard pased away a few years ago who owned the prefix/affix but there must be a few people breeding from the lines. Im looking for a pup with papers if possible July/August time. I live South of England but willing to travel anywhere in the uk for the right one.appreciate any help.cheers

Edited by andrewp35

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,is there anyone breeding tightly along these lines still?I know the man billy Rickard pased away a few years ago who owned the prefix/affix but there must be a few people breeding from the lines. Im looking for a pup with papers if possible July/August time. I live South of England but willing to travel anywhere in the uk for the right one.appreciate any help.cheers
'

sorry my learned friend, but the chance of finding anything tightly bred of these lines are like rocking horse shit, there maybe lines with it in but you will find it is very remote atb sylus

Sylus is there any particular reason why the line is nearly gone? i spoke to a guy who has a bitch,it has pantycylen breeding in it but dont know anything about them either.they are based in Swansea,Wales as far as i knowbut thats all i know.LOL i do agree with you its a f*****g nightmare trying to find this Line but hopefully something will turn up soon.

My two staffs are from cuileog line,my grand father had tyrone,he gave the use of him to cross pitbull amanda ,socks came from this litter,socks was given to a friend of mine ,a good friend of my grandfather,anthony dunphy,he sold socks and socks became one of the best known badger dogs,his name was changed to derry macash rascal,

Guest AngelicAcid
My two staffs are from cuileog line,my grand father had tyrone,he gave the use of him to cross pitbull amanda ,socks came from this litter,socks was given to a friend of mine ,a good friend of my grandfather,anthony dunphy,he sold socks and socks became one of the best known badger dogs,his name was changed to derry macash rascal,

I see now.

socks is not bred the way you are saying he is bred "jellybean". and it was "pitbul amanda " that produced " tyrone.

]

socks is not bred the way you are saying he is bred "jellybean". and it was "pitbul amanda " that produced " tyrone.

What way was he breed????You right ther p***y ,sorry had my story wrong,was it a bitch from wexford and tyrone to produce socks

Edited by JELLYBEAN

Pitbul Amanda was bred to the Belfast bred Ch Badgerlea Rascal to produce Cailin of Cuileog, who in turn was bred to Thoroak Sorrel Sam to produce Tyrone of Cuileog.

Does anyone know what the registered name of Socks was with the I.K.C.?

i have lots of photos here of the old cuileog dogs from billys albums, what always suprised me is how heavy built they were, i do not suppose athleticism was needed too much for their game.

my dogs have quite a bit of the blood behind them but would not say they were bred tight.not sure if they will be easily found in the pure form.

There is a fella here in northern ireland showing and breeding stuff direct from cuileog. His name eludes me at the minute, two pups bred by him came local to me and they were real nice type of pups even if for the showring. I remember a local lad accompanying him to billys place for a service of one of his dogs. How close/pure his pedigrees/dogs are im not 100%. I will pm you a name when i remember.

A good place to start would be contacting the Irish KC http://www.ikc.ie/index.php and enquiring who is breeding dogs along those lines.

where was Billy Rickard from? and how long ago did he pass away?

where was Billy Rickard from? and how long ago did he pass away?

I think he was from wexford or waterford as far as im told.I think he passed away maybe 5 years or so ago now but i dont think it would of been much more than that.

Edited by andrewp35