Frosts mora knife

trappa

They are great knives I grind mine to a drop point, same as I do with opinels.

I'm with Hob and Jill they are great knives in carbon, really sharp and if you don't blunt them completely, you only need to strop them and they are razor sharp again!! Also if you do grind them to the drop point shape they are much better for gutting etc, I also do my opinels in the same way!

They are great knives I grind mine to a drop point, same as I do with opinels.

I'm with Hob and Jill they are great knives in carbon, really sharp and if you don't blunt them completely, you only need to strop them and they are razor sharp again!! Also if you do grind them to the drop point shape they are much better for gutting etc, I also do my opinels in the same way!

they are a good knife, i buy mine in canada they have a hardwood handle similar to the opinal handle only they are a cherry red colour , they are usually in three sizes , i bought a large size one for my mate who is a pro trapper out in bc. and he skinned a bear with it no problem he said the steel was excellent and kept a great edge . and they try to sell us knives over here from 90 to over 2 hundred quid , these knives were 12 dollars when i got them , just shows how we are ripped off in uk. same with the real tree caps in canada 7dollars when i bought them over there, over here 15 quid , you can get five for the price of one i won,t buy anything in this country as its cheaper to send over and get it including postage,
  • 1 month later...
I have the carbon steel one, it does disscolour if you dont clean and oil it but holds a much sharper edge IMO got mine off the Ray mears website.

same place brilliant knives very cheap very sharp if you are going to be working near chemicals or the sea get the stainless but the carbon steel holds a better edge due to higher hardness rating