First time Mole Trapping

Does any body know where I can get a copy of jeff nichols video on mole control?

It's not for me it's for my mum bless her.

H

:laugh: For your mum?

Appears to be yet another salesman that knows about as much about what they sale as the man in the moon! and he knows f**k all :laugh:

So I guess you don't know where I can get a copy then?

Nice one John. One out of three is not a bad result. I think if most mole catchers got a 33% catch rate all the time they would be happy. Apart from bending the triggers slightly as described The Flat Pack traps do not normally need any adjustment or tuning. They are made in Britain by a small family business who are actually interested in their product and so have developed it and incorporated most of the tweaks and adjustments that you may need to do with other trap makes.

Beware this is adictive!!

All the best AF

well back today but not so lucky. There were 2 or 3 new hills so I've moved a trap and see what that does.

They were a few small mounds which I can't decide if they were new ones barely pushed up, or old ones that I missed yesterday.

Well that just goes to show - you never know.

It's been pretty wet here overnight so I went back today just to lift the traps. If I had mud before there was no way there was going to be anything swimming through the tunnels now. :(

On site there were no signs of fresh workings which just confirmed what I thought. I could see the first trap where the rain had just washed all the covering soil through the the holes. The second trap wasn't much better. I could barely make out the tunnels either side of the set - not back filled, just swimming in mud and water.

And so casually on to the third. :doh: wrong again

post-2748-1232365769.jpg

I hadn't bothered to take the camera but I took this when I got home. You can see how wet the ground was by the state of the fur.

This one is a lot smaller than the last one - maybe by an inch and a half.

Anyway I'm hooked now - off to order some more traps. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Flushed with success from my first little project (2 caught and no new hills) I was very pleased when the landowner offered me another little bit to have a go at.

I went yesterday and this was a much bigger set of tunnels - something to get stuck into. A sloped of undulating pasture with what looked to me like a clear run along the side of the fence with little feeding areas off it.

After a few frustrating 'false runs' I managed to get down my three halfbarrels (more on order) and luckily I'd taken a couple of very basic sissor traps with me. So I put those in as well. Try as I might though I couldn't find the run along the fence even though I'm sure it's there.

First thing this morning the farmer rang to say the shepherd had seen me there and had I got on Ok etc. I told him there were more hills on the other side of the road that might want looking at too. 'OK' he says. 'While you're there walk round to the end of the field and have a look over the fence. I think there are one or two in that next field'

Not kidding is he :icon_eek:

post-2748-1233151928_thumb.jpgpost-2748-1233151943_thumb.jpgpost-2748-1233151961_thumb.jpg

Anyway, back to my traps. Nothing in the halfbarrels but much to my surprise one of the sissors had fired. Nice clean catch across the front. :boogie:

post-2748-1233152331_thumb.jpg

post-2748-1233152549_thumb.jpg