SOOTY SAM

Guest mickyrichardson

Guest mickyrichardson

Can someone give me a bit of info on sooty sam as every fecking whippet has him in there lines he must have had his wicked way with alot of bitchs has anyone got any photo's of him was he just a track whippet or did it work

AND THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE IN ANYWAY JUST LOOKING FOR A BIT OF INFO AND A FEW PIC'S THANKS MICKY ;)

Guest little lurcher

sooty sam was used by mike brown alot as a founder to his proven line of working whippets , if you type in his name in the whippet archives , more info will come up, i think that mike took a huge step forwards in bringing the working whippet back to the fronts of peoples minds, only one of mine has his breeding behind and im yet to truly test him as he is a young dog yet but many people whom own a sooty sam descendant do state the prey drive is exceptional

Guest mickyrichardson
sooty sam was used by mike brown alot as a founder to his proven line of working whippets , if you type in his name in the whippet archives , more info will come up, i think that mike took a huge step forwards in bringing the working whippet back to the fronts of peoples minds, only one of mine has his breeding behind and im yet to truly test him as he is a young dog yet but many people whom own a sooty sam descendant do state the prey drive is exceptional

Thanks Micky ;)

Can someone give me a bit of info on sooty sam as every fecking whippet has him in there lines he must have had his wicked way with alot of bitchs has anyone got any photo's of him was he just a track whippet or did it work

AND THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE IN ANYWAY JUST LOOKING FOR A BIT OF INFO AND A FEW PIC'S THANKS MICKY ;)

http://www.webstoreuk.com/whippets.html Its all here mate

Magwitch on here has a 1/4 beddie x from Sooty Sam lines,he is a cracker a real ferreters friend.

THIS IS MY MATES WHIPPET FROM SOOTY SAM LINES.

post-28843-1231925544.jpg

When you look through the photos in the pedigrees, very few of the dogs are the small roached back type whippets. More mini greyhound types.

I presume this is the difference between KC show and KC working strains?

KC show bred whippets dont or rarely have roached backs or wheel backs generally. The most roached backed whippets will be from the small pure bred racing lines...seriously have a look about.

IMO more of the show bred dogs will look like mini greyhounds, too much so for my liking to be honest.

When you look through the photos in the pedigrees, very few of the dogs are the small roached back type whippets. More mini greyhound types.

I presume this is the difference between KC show and KC working strains?

a lot of SS bred dogs are now well down the family tree. His progency was top drawer, although I would say it would be well diluted in most offspring by now.

I put my whippet with SS ancestory into his first open show on Saturday past. I was showing our show pony dobe and as the whippet is recovering from a broken elbow and out of the field for a while we just stuck him in too.

Judges comments, 'He's a bit muscular in frame and scarred across his head. He moves differently from the other dogs and is obviously from working rather than show lines'.

Well yes, he moves properly! And actually he's from top show, coursing and working lines. He looked a lot better and fluid in movement compared to the high other stepping prancy whippets in the ring. I don't think any of them have ever seen a rabbit, jumped and cut themselves on barbed wire or by the look of them, given any sort of free run.

My dog, Merlin has been on this earth before. He is just over 1 year old and has had a bit of bad luck with health and injuries. He was killing at 6 months and is a beautiful, graceful runner who can turn as tight as any rabbit. He hasn't seen any hares yet due to his injuries but he will get to see and sniff them when that opportunity arises.

Merlin in archives

Dave