What a difference a few months makes!

:o feck me , as big as otters, my jills are the size they were as kits :D i can see why you like the spade brimmer, and not using pursenets. but as they say each to his own , they certainly put the buns in the bag for you ;) all the best TOMO

I've had to take a leaf out of you lads books on the lower ground Tomo lad, jills are a must on the deep warrens with a few in! :thumbs:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First piccies were taken in July at 8 weeks old.

DSC01015.jpg

Then this piccie from November.

DSCF0143.jpg

Crikey, they grow up fast! :blink:

That's funny Brimmer ... the poley in the 1st pic as turned into a white un and the white kit into a adult poley :o:D

They do look well tho mate... and feckin strong, when they whisper sweet nothings into a bunny's ear it's no wonder that you are handy with that spade

Cheers Breeze. ;) That just 2 of the 4 hobs out of the litter, here's the other 2.

DSCF0148.jpg

The real dark one on the left is lightning quick, they are not that big really when you see them in real life, i'm just the size of Verne Troyer! :D

All 4 are doing what they were built for, hit and erm, dispatch.

I have an albino hob of a later litter that is stronger than these, still to test.

These would be no good in deep warrens, with a few in them by the way, you could not dig fast enough, but shallow warrens with the odd one in, it can save a bit of time not netting up.

no not particuly brimmer, quite a steady type realy, now the black one i have who looks like a mink , she is very quik .

also has a good habbit of coming out of the warren , and looking for me and comes streight to me, almost a homming ferret :D

no not particuly brimmer, quite a steady type realy, now the black one i have who looks like a mink , she is very quik .

also has a good habbit of coming out of the warren , and looking for me and comes streight to me, almost a homming ferret :D

How many have you got Tomo?

had some good strong dog ferrets best for up the hill in the borders for big days same with jills i like them big and powerful ,for some reason on the high ground small ones never lasted long on cold days especailt after christmas ,when rabbs stick and need moving on or kiled , wee ferrets are fine for dep sets or sandy sets but i use mines for everything big small sets , how do these wee ferrets do in the cold and wind

your ferrets must have been difrent to mine whin, mine work all day in any warrens,

dont get me wrong there are times when a big ferret comes in handy.

worked all day for this 73 ;)

DSCF0277.jpg

Think it's probably more to do whether the rabbits are bolting or not Whin to be honest.

The jill i have coming on now, is lasting all day on her own, only after a few days out. She's not tiny, but i'm sure its cause she only engages with the rabbits that don't try to bolt, rather than every rabbit like the hobs do.

The hobs, when fit will see a day out (2 of them in a day) but i feel they use up the energy stopping any rabbit they get close to. (They go nowhere)

The jill i have, just irratates them till they bolt, or if they stay down then they get the eye treatment. You can follow her round above ground with the locater, bumping around all over the place in many different spots till she gets the hold.

This does not happen with the hobs, one spot with the locater and thats the place they stay.

I think the jills use up less energy unable to stop rabbits in there tracks, which is why a lot bolt with the jills and they seem to last longer than some hobs that stop anything using lots of energy up.

Just my thoughts, don't have many! :D

Edited by Brimmer
your ferrets must have been difrent to mine whin, mine work all day in any warrens,

dont get me wrong there are times when a big ferret comes in handy.

worked all day for this 73 ;)

DSCF0277.jpg

Nice piccie Tomo, have you anymore of the dog you have there? I'm sure i've seen it in one of your old posts, but never had a good look at it yet. ;) Looks like one of the dogs you would take anywhere, upstaging the speedy younger dogs! ;)

thats not me , thats paddy , and the big fella is nobby of here, its also not my dog, and to be honest im not a big fan of it.

she does have a good nose, and recently located the fert when the locator wasn't working.