virus software

Guys i'm having a little trouble with internet explorer shutting down, it seems to happen fairly regular, any good software programs, would be great,

i run AVG, and e-trust, but e-trust packed up on me leaving me with AVG only.......

any help would be great from anyone in the tech background............cheers snap ;)

Snappy, I use Mcaffee at home and work, (60+ computers).

I never have any problems with viruses, but i update the DAT files evryday to a repository, and then every computer checks the repository every day. Occasionally i will get ADware problems, I would use ADAWARE or Spybot to sort those particular problems.

If you continue to have problems and dont get satisfactory conclusion, i'll send a disk over..

Matty

ariva,s an excellent antivirus . and wont slow the comp down . pc tools firewall plus, a more secure firewall than the windows one. malwarebytes anti malware , an excellent tool for finding and removing adware Trojans and shit . and ccleaner for a spring clean every few weeks. all free

done a scan with the avira softward and picked up 5 virius's namely tr/trash.gen, the software froze everytime it reached the virus, i searched the virus online and got the info needed to clear it, it's based in the system restore mainly, so you have to switch that off, scan again, then create a new resore point and delete all other restore points,

i'm not much of a computer expert, but its sorted cheers guy's...............thank's for the offer matty, sorted though ;)