Update on my lab bull greyhounds

They are 7 months old now, retreiving recall walking on and off lead to heel. They have been alot easier to train than any other dog ive worked with. I am really pleased with their progress so far and within the next few weeks they will ba having their first proper ferreting trip. They have also started their lamp training, running down the beam and following the beam well. To do this i just use their ball so they havent had any proper lamping but theres still plenty of time and i want them to mature and grow properly before i start with any lamping on rabbits.

Their feisty little things and im sure they are going to well in the feild.

Heres some photos.

Kincoed, dog

post-22007-1230731755_thumb.jpg

Kincoed, dog

post-22007-1230731784.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why lab , dont the aussie put lab in the mix as a bay dog?

Yes some do use lab blood, contrary to popular beleif a lab can be 1 hard dog. So the theory was to add a bit of brains, a better nose, and easier to train with out losing any of the 'hardness' of the regular bull cross.

Kincoed

Cara

they are looking like theyve thrown light enough. im sure theyll make the grade lamping and youll have the bonus of your pipe and slippers brought to you after a hards nights lamping....................when are you picking up gyps boyfreind?
Kincoed

Cara

they are looking like theyve thrown light enough. im sure theyll make the grade lamping and youll have the bonus of your pipe and slippers brought to you after a hards nights lamping....................when are you picking up gyps boyfreind?

:laugh::laugh: Gyp hasnt got time for a boyfreind! Shes in training for the £2.50 bet! pmsl!

Yes some do use lab blood, contrary to popular beleif a lab can be 1 hard dog. So the theory was to add a bit of brains, a better nose, and easier to train with out losing any of the 'hardness' of the regular bull cross.

Sounds good mate atb with them and keep us posted ! Interesting cross! ;)

Sounds good mate atb with them and keep us posted ! Interesting cross! ;)

Thanks, i will keep everyone updated on them.

good feet nice shape and clever think theres no reason y these wont be as good if not maybe bettr than other lurcher x's

Thanks mate :)

I did get alot of stick when i first put the post up to try and find the last few puppies homes. There is a misconception that a lab is a fat lazy lump of a dog, this is probably true when we talk 'pet' labs but when we talk working labs they have alot to offer in the feild. I think its not a popular cross because the lab/gundog gentry like to keep things pure. Well we do both lurcher and gundog work and we are down to earth and honest and saw a place for our lab in our lurcher lines.

These 2 will be worked and then we will keep one to breed but that will be decided on their working abilities later.

Since we have had the pups we have spoken to alot of people who have seen this cross and similar work and every single one has said the same.....one of the best they had ever seen.....be it pulling/drawing or lamping on fox (preban).