Catching the Impossible....

J Darcy

In a word...Superb! I couldnt wait for my pressies yesterday as i knew what was in one of the parcels|!

The book is a thick and colourful tome absolutely brimming with quality.I am a bit of a collector of books and i can tell you there has never been a fishing book anywhere near this for content. Monster fish of all species are pursued by Martin Bowler and Bernard Cribbings in some lovelly settings. Pike, perch, eel, 'cats to name but a few. The book costs about £25, but i would have gladly paid more such is its contents! I have only one minor critisism and that is the paitings that are to be found throughout this are not as good as what i would expect from such an accomplished artist as Rodger McPhail. His bird and animals are top class, but i do not really rate his fishes......still....that is a minor critisism....and the DVD..........

This is the first in a series of three DVD's and i loved it. Watched it all in one go yesterday. If you liked "passion" when it was out all those years ago, you will love this . On each DVD there is three one hour programmes and some big lumps getting caught. Wildlife too is well featured and well filmed, my own favourite is a kingfisher using the rod as a fishing "branch"......

Highly recommended.......Both will become classics in the future I'm sure!