Eye injury.

I was out on a farm 2 weeks ago as a farmer wanted us to do a ditch before he knocked it and preventing the rabbits settling into a new home.we have a tiny buck that is a super hunter and we entered him in a burrow and sat back waiting for the action.After 20 minutes I located him a foot down and proceeded to dig to him.when I broke through he was lying on his side and the rabbit was balled up in a pocket,I dispatched the rab and when I checked the ferret his eye was out of its socket and resting on his cheek.I put him back in his box and with the farmer being there we had to continue with the elimination of all furry rodents below ground.I was more than concerned about the buck as he is held in high regard due to his hunting prowess,also as it was Sunday I knew seeing a vet was out of the question until the next day.at the end of the day we had 37 rabbits in the bag.The next night I went to the vet and when I walked into his surgery there before me was a young lady with a greyhound ferret up on her neck.she introduced herself to me and I found out she was from Poland and keeps 8 ferrets in the house,litterally in the house,wandering around the floors,the furniture etc.The vet studied my ferret,never once did he put his hands on him but gave me a bottle of betamox antibiotics,then the hungry b*****d charged me 41 euros for a 10 minute chat.The polish girl and myself have visited each others houses and she told me ferrets are a very popular pet back in her country and they sell for 100 to 150 euros each,aint that some price for the critters.The good news is the buck is flying it but has lost his eye,he has serviced 2 does in the last few days and I should have 2 litters of very small ferrets next year,the does I bred him too are also tiny and are keen and determined hunters so fingers crossed all goes well.The buck is silver colored and Monica told me they sell for 200 t0 250 because of the coloring,can you believe that,so if you have any silvers you can retire early and set up home in Poland.Oh yeah shes mad keen to come hunting next season with us to see what its all about,should be interesting.

polish birds are renowed to be a bit psycho arent they, they are here anyway :laugh:

Tisnt the polish bird that concerns me tis her fella,he a big bloke.when she comes hunting with me in September I'll have to show her what a probe is,or how to peel the skin off properly,mmmmmm,

He got kicked in the face in a pocket end,got his nose split in two also,if you pick him up from his blind side now he bites immediately,I think his nerves are shot(a bit like mine),if you approach him from the good side hes like a lamb.

Bigeddie hes on form again now,walks with his head turned to one side so he can see everything thats going on.He's after calming down again now, he's after servicing 2 does in the last 2 weeks so life is good for him,the polish lass was at the house again during the week,wanted to get her hands on my favourite lad(steady up now,I meant my silver buck)trying to picture her with her hand rammed in the hole next year feeling about for the furry creature thats laid up,It might be my last year at hunting if gregorie (her bloke) finds out what I'm thinking,he'll pull my neck just like I do with the rabs.

Bigeddie hes on form again now,walks with his head turned to one side so he can see everything thats going on.He's after calming down again now, he's after servicing 2 does in the last 2 weeks so life is good for him,the polish lass was at the house again during the week,wanted to get her hands on my favourite lad(steady up now,I meant my silver buck)trying to picture her with her hand rammed in the hole next year feeling about for the furry creature thats laid up,It might be my last year at hunting if gregorie (her bloke) finds out what I'm thinking,he'll pull my neck just like I do with the rabs.

hi jigsaw glad ferrets doing well,you want to go ferreting in a pair of trainers that way if the polish lass's bloke turns up you can always get a sprint on and outrun him save you getting your neck pulled :laugh: