WOLF X GREYHOUND would be some Lurcher

Guest Countryboyo

Guest Countryboyo
I've lived with a wolf x. I can assure you she was neither skittish nor shy. But then I can't say what percentage she was, as she came from a native reserve. All we knew was she was a sheppard wolf cross.

I wouldn't go anywhere near a malamute, never mind cross one with a wolf. What a disaster.

Our wolf x was a real challenge to train. She was very dominant and had to have frequent reminders about her spot in the pack that was our family. Once she matured she was one hell of a dog, but in the wrong hands she would have grown into a very dangerous dog. Saying that, she was loyal, smart, physically fit and beautiful ... and a keen hunter. But she hunted for herself, not for us. You could walk that dog for hours and never see her but still know she was around, watching what you were up to, tracking you ... it was creepy sometimes. Great dog for camping with, an excellent guard dog.

But I wouldn't recommend a wolf cross to about 95% of people. They are hard, hard work and have very different requirements to any other dog you may have had in your life. I can't see that any drop of wolf would add anything constructive to a lurcher.

Nice one . any pictures? Id love to see it.

Id just like to remind people that the dogs in their kennels are decendants of wolves. And id spose in hindsight the characteristics of the wild wolf have been bred out of them for a reason, so id spose there wouldnt be much sense breeding the wolf back into the dog.

Id say you would have to express your dominance over the wolf at every opportunity as hierarchy is a huge part of the wolfs mentality.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ferret feller

i saw a program of wolves coursing hares in the snow.... they can take reindeer (bigger then red deer) and people do have wolve crosses in the states you need to own a dangreous wild animal license hear in the uk to own one though....

Was in majorca a few years ago visiting my bosses daughter who worked and trained big cats in a circus, she had two wolf alsation first crosses that would have ripped your head off if you got close enough, the size of these beasts was uncanny

Guest Countryboyo
i saw a program of wolves coursing hares in the snow.... they can take reindeer (bigger then red deer) and people do have wolve crosses in the states you need to own a dangreous wild animal license hear in the uk to own one though....

Whos going to F*****g know? say its a husky cross. Bloddy goody goodys on this forum. Its all "Oh its against the law, Oh you cant do that, OH theres a regulation against that" some people!

Guest Countryboyo
some one sujests some thing different than the norm and look what happens ,what for ,why ,youcant ,[i just think why not]nothing ventured nothing gaind.

Nice to see a bit of posetivity ;) I said id just throw up this topic to get a few imaginations running wild. Some people can have tunnell vision when it comes to hunting and dont want to hear anything that doesent apply to them 100% wel all I have to say to them guys is basically :feck:

I think it would make an excellent cross but you may have to be carefull if you went lamping in a full moon...........it could become agressive!

I would like to line one of my Deer Pat bitches with one mind!

Guest Countryboyo

If trained right theyd f**king be the best beast you could ask for. It would be so funny if the breed came to be all the guys with bull crosses would be ditching their dogs and getting the wolf lurcher so there c**ks would get that bit bigger.

Seriously a 1/4 wolf 3/4 grey is something id like to see in action in the hands of a veteran Hunter.