Ferreting

We where going out today but didnt go due to the heavy rain about 11.30 looking at the drizzle i took 2 jills and 10 nets and went over the road to a golfcourse and got 4 rabbits wet through and happy because i got three bolts and only had to dig once and for the first time this season i heard a rabbit drumming as it flew out the hole

The rain is in danger of becoming a bit of a problem, forcast sunny tomorow if your out. Three for the freezer.

Had a mole job to do some way from home so thought as i was travelling so far I'd set the mole traps , spend the day ferreting and then check the traps for moles before going home.

Did'nt quite work out as over the last few days the stream surrounding the small-holding on three sides had burst its' banks & flooded most of the burrows . Only one good dry burrow left so it was quite a short ferreting trip.

do you always have to dig, and how many ferrets you send in per a warren mate?

This season Ive done a lot of digging i allow one ferret roughly per ten holes but i know my ferrets will stick with there rabbit and i only every bred from those ones .But id sooner dig the rabbits out making sure there dead and Ive got them as there's nothing more embarrassing then a rabbit with a bare backside emerging from a hole in front of the farmer a hour after youve left

do you always have to dig, and how many ferrets you send in per a warren mate?

This season Ive done a lot of digging i allow one ferret roughly per ten holes but i know my ferrets will stick with there rabbit and i only every bred from those ones .But id sooner dig the rabbits out making sure there dead and Ive got them as there's nothing more embarrassing then a rabbit with a bare backside emerging from a hole in front of the farmer a hour after youve left

ahh ok cheers :D

i mite go out for half hour tomoz im going to go meet the farmer and taking a ferret and nets incase i see any good warrens... but will only do it light i just want to see what its lik then go ther next week sometime for real..

Edited by jazz_11