True pikey lurcher?

Guest Mass_G3nocide

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no awnser as to what is a PROPER lurcher...

it would take a book to answer that question and even then no one else would agree :icon_eek: A lurcher is a lot of different things to alot of different people, depends on quarry, terrain, culture, current fashion and a shit load of other factors. The one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that they are right and have "proper" dogs and everyone else is wrong and have "messer" dogs :doh:

As long as yours does what you need it to do for you then i would say its a "proper" lurcher :thumbs:

Travellers rarely use smoothed dogs over here. always rough deerhound types and they consider these to be true lurchers. If there is such a thing at all.
all the proper coursing men use saluki x

Define proper?

Just so MP understands the word "define", state or describe exactly the nature, scope, or meaning off. ;)

is'nt it a shame that so many pricks are into lurchers. :(

it's a sad fact mate, though to be honest i think it goes with all groups of people who have the same interests, maybe we just take more notice of the people who we share are interests with and realise it's a funny old world and your better off keeping your self to your self ;):D

Guest Countryboyo
Travellers rarely use smoothed dogs over here. always rough deerhound types and they consider these to be true lurchers. If there is such a thing at all.

Any sign of a definition for proper there shitty paws? because we would all love to know

Any sign of a definition for proper there shitty paws? because we would all love to know

Not trying to upset anyone :D but the word lurcher came from romany language fact :clapper: so define 100zz of years of breeding ;)

Guest Countryboyo

Not trying to upset anyone :D but the word lurcher came from romany language fact :clapper: so define 100zz of years of breeding ;)

delighted

fact?? i though it was impossible to really know where the name came from?could be to lurch or steal or many others? so what dose it mean then?(genuine question not f*****g wit ya)

scotty

Define proper?

Just so MP understands the word "define", state or describe exactly the nature, scope, or meaning off. ;)

thank you, for putting me straight on that, but if you open your EYES and take the time to read my reply i was on about COURSING HARES,

thats why proper coursing men use saluki x

Sometimes i despair :blink:

Seriously though,the only gypsy/traveller,ive ever met was "gypsy rose lee" or whatever her name was,up at the town moor,i asked her about dogs but she wasn't impressed :clapper: