foxes

Guest chrissy

Guest Stevie D

Most I've had is 3. Mate of mine bolted 5 with the same bitch from one earth last season. Was start of the season so probably same litter/family. All were adult size but I didn't see them so can't say if they were that year's cubs or not. Was the bitch's first season as well so she did well. Same bitch killed her first fox at 10 months.

Small 12" Russell.

Stevie

the most foxes av had out of a earth is three big ones not cubs reply if you have had any than three plz

we had 4 [bANNED TEXT],3 ov whitch were dogs and 1 beat us into a large gully that was about

january time and all were in xellant condition,even the f.....that got away. :good:

• 9 months later...
the most foxes av had out of a earth is three big ones not cubs reply if you have had any than three plz

got 4 out with my mates bull terrier but 2 bolted and the bull terrier didnt no what to do i think he wanted to split its body in half to chase them 2 charlies :11:

3 in a sett 20yards off a well used public footpath in jan 6 years ago.2 dogs off couple finished 1 each,third bolted.have a friend who bolted 6 out of bales and nailed the other with a nice red dog around the same time.had 3 cubs bolt from a single hole drain a few years back,terrier had the forth

3 in a sett 20yards off a well used public footpath in jan 6 years ago.2 dogs off couple finished 1 each,third bolted.have a friend who bolted 6 out of bales and nailed the other with a nice red dog around the same time.had 3 cubs bolt from a single hole drain a few years back,terrier had the forth

This my friends is a very true story!!!!!!At the end of a fruitless day we decided to try one last earth, a particularly big place which had often held in the past. After laying about 24 nets and blocking the rest a terrier was entered. We give the dog some time because of the size of the place, and when we started looking the dog was still on the move, sit back and relax, give him more time.

After about an hour the dog showed, got tangled in a net then went straight back.This happened several more times and with the light fading fast we caught the dog next show and put him back on the lead. We then proceeded to lift all the nets. I also had with me at the time a young black and tan pup who had done absolutely jackshit below ground, anyway I uncoupled her just to have a sniff around, lo and behold she disappears into the earth, no probs thinks I she`ll soon come backout. After what seemed like along time, but probably wasn`t CHARLES bolted went through the fenceline as if it wasn`t there with the lurchers in full cry after him into the woods. The first fox was followed by another SIX ,and with the lurchers gone and no gun present each just trotted away nice and calmly. A total of SEVEN .

After much name calling and cursing we went home, but we always did that same earth first whenever we returned to that farm.

got 4 out with my mates bull terrier but 2 bolted and the bull terrier didnt no what to do i think he wanted to split its body in half to chase them 2 charlies :11:

You have a bull terrier you can dig to? Any pics?

three,s the most ive had ,2 dogs and a vixen ,the black and tan did all the work ,he used to belong to me but was a bit to big for my needs ,a friend has him now .he was bred by orion :D very good dog to ,they dug to him 18ft, 3 weeks ago took them 11 hours and he never showed once .

Edited by dog fox

had 3 out one january.2 dogs and one vixen.the vixen was the first fox my lurcher killed so that is going back about 8 years.when we pulled the vixen out a fox shot passed us both and between the dogs and away down the hedge.we managed to drop the terrier down just as another was about to bolt and accounted for a big dog fox. the dog fox was one of the biggest foxes i've seen,didn't get chance to weigh him much the pity.

but he was a hell of a fox. :icon_eek:

a few years later with a different mate we had 5 foxes out in early september.one bolted which the lurcher caught,that was a vixen and while the terrier was still in the earth three others bolted.no gun or nets so these got away for another day.still the terrier hadn't shown so went looking for a mark.wasn't long in finding him at 2 foot.dug down to him where he was with a dog fox which was accounted for.i think this was the first day out that season and the weather very mild so we couldn't believe our luck. :thumbs-up: